Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error Back… In 14 Final

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Error Back… In 14 Final

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      stom2005

Hello,

Everytime I try to view a very large datebase (show all entries) webyog crashes without any error agian.

Same as some versions ago.

Best Regards,

Marcus

peterlaursen
      Participant

shit … you found out! 🙁

We did too ourselves a few days ago. It simply happens when system runs out of memory (physical memory + swapfile). We are working on it.

You can verify yourself by checking taskmanager.

Ideally it should display a message like

Quote:
      Not enough memory to show all rows.

This message occurred after loading x# of rows.

..or even better it should dynamically load 'portions of' very big tables as the scrollbar is moved. But that is not so easy to implement in this environment, I have been told.

Now: can you tell a version that did not do this?

What happened then when memory 'ran full' ?

stom2005

1.5 GB Memory run out ??

I think the 12 final was ok (but I am not really shure) and I think I do not have the version anymore.

When you give me I link I can check this.

Best Regards,

Marcus

peterlaursen
      Participant

I just tested with 5.02 and 5.12 myself.

On this PC I have 512 MB physical RAM and a max. swapfile setting of 1.8 GB. That is 2.3 GB total available memory. I tried to load all rows of a 4 GB table. Both 5.02 and 5.12 also crashed silently when memory ran full.

Now it it happens with your installation BEFORE memory is full, that is another situation. Just watch 'Virtual Memory' in Task Manager .. (you may need to configure Task Manager to show the Virtual memory -column from 'settings')

So this seems to have been the situation with all (at least 5.x) versions. You are the first that complain (I do no recall any other reports here?). Except for me who did too Monday night (I think).

peterlaursen
      Participant

Actually I have a correction …

The datafile itself (.MYD) is only around 300 MB. The Index file for the table (.MYI) is around 700 MB.

But loading all rows into DATA tab exceeds memory.

A “select * from that_table” uses about 850 MB of memory as long as 'Read-only” is displayed in the drop-down. And now the 'slider' of the RESULT tab is very unresponsive. But no crash! But when I select the table here memory starts increasing from the 850 to around 1100 MB. And still the 'slider' is very inresponsive. But still no crash.

Also I think that a 'SELECT * ….' into RESULT tab is faster than 'show all' from DATA tab.

Ritesh

Yes. “Select * from….” from result tab would be little faster then TABLE DATA as no duplication of data is done in Result Tab in the initial stage. When a user updates a ROW then a duplicate copy is made. In RESULT TAB, duplicate copy of the data is made and kept in the memory from the beginning itself.

We plan to improve upon this part in TABLE DATA in one of the future versions. We indeed had plans too implement page wise browsing/editing in TABLE DATA as you suggested. Actually, it has already been implemented likewise in SQLyog Max.

peterlaursen
      Participant
      Quote:
      In RESULT TAB, duplicate copy of the data is made and kept in the memory from the beginning itself.

I think you mean “In DATA tab …..”

Ritesh
      peterlaursen wrote on Jun 15 2006, 05:24 AM:
      I think you mean “In DATA tab …..”

Yes 😀

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.