Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error #1042 – Can't Get Hostname For Your Address

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Error #1042 – Can't Get Hostname For Your Address

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      CoastalGuy

I have been using the SqlYog Database synchronization Wizard for years, but suddenly I am getting the #1042 Error noted in this topic’s title.

I am trying to do a one-way sync from my online mysql databases to my local Xampp mysql databases. In the past, to access the online database, I have entered in the Host Address (IP Address of the server), and the username and password for the user assigned to the databases. This then provided the various databases assigned to this user, allowing for the selection of the appropriate database.

Recently, using the same connection information as before, I am now getting the message that it Can’t get the hostname for the address (which I presume is the IP address). I have done online searches for the hostname on this IP address and receive correctly the server name where these databases are stored. 

Lastly, on the Cpanel where these databases are stored, I have entered my remote IP address, allowing my address access to this server. Generally when I start getting errors on this sync. it usually means that my provider has changed my IP address and changing it on the Remote IP address option fixes it. However, my IP address has not changed, since it previously worked ok, to where I now get this host address error.

Any thoughts?

peterlaursen
      Participant

This is not an error specific for SQyog, I believe.  Any client running on same system as SQlyog would face the same issue. What  happened on the server is something that the hosting support should reply to IMO. One possible reason could be that “skip_name_resolve” setting was changed on the server. 

Relevant MySQ documentaton: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/host-cache.html

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.