Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Enforced Cleartype In Query Window, Sqlyog 8.7

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Enforced Cleartype In Query Window, Sqlyog 8.7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      J G

Although working in previous versions the query window in SQLyog 8.7 seems to now ignore system settings and enforces mandatory ClearType (see the attached screenshot). It seems impossible to disable it.

Please can this be a user setting or respect the system default?

Many thanks,

– JG

peterlaursen
      Participant

We don't enforce cleartype, but use font anti-aliasing (what we did not before 8.7).

I do not understand the problem. But also the file did not upload.  If it was a .bmp it could have been too big. Please try a .jpg or .png (and maybe even zip it).

J G

I attached it as a 6K PNG and can see it here, not sure why it's not showing for you. Try here instead: http://yfrog.com/ndsqlyogcleartypep.

If that's the case then I'm wrong saying it's ClearType and it is just antialiasing. I'd really like to disable it though as it's making the text blurry – just a personal preference as I seem to be in the minority that vehemently detest antialiasing…!

Thanks,

– JG

peterlaursen
      Participant

Ok .. my mistake as regards the image.  It displays now,

I can see this blurriness in the Object Browser, but not in the Editor.  Do we agree?  But this is not a problem with all systems.  Actually everybody here thinks fonts are now much brighter. Are you using a non-typical DPI-setting? 

peterlaursen
      Participant

One more thing: what kind of monitor are you using?  

The problem with screenshots is that a screenshot is not actually a picture of the screen. And that could explain why I cannot see any blur in the editor.

J G

This definitely isn't a monitor issue – under magnification it definitely looks like ClearType to me. I've magnified portions of the first image and attached it to this reply. The red and blue fringing, especially around “a,b” gives it away. Note that there is no fringing around any text outside the Query Window.

I've got no special settings/DPI apart from ClearType disabled on my machine.

The Object Browser and the rest of the application shows no antialiasing (as in the first screenshot), this is just in the Query Window.

peterlaursen
      Participant

OK .. let the developer who knows best about this comment here tomorrow. I only know what he told me.

J G

Thanks, I appreciate it greatly.

– Jonathan

vishal.pr

Hi Jonathan,

Anti-aliasing in Query Editor was done to improve the rendering quality of fonts and there is no system/application settings to change this. But if you don't like it we can give you a special binary with the change reverted back. Please tell the exact SQLyog version you are using.

I will discuss with the team whether we need to have a preference option to enable/disable anti-aliasing. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Vishal P.R

J G

No need for a binary thanks, I don't want to trouble you for that. I can revert back to 8.6 for now.

I'm using 8.7 Community (SQLyog-8.7.0-4Community.exe). Consider this a feature request for a toggle button for disabling this in the Preferences 🙂

Thanks once again,

– Jonathan

vishal.pr

Hi,

We have released SQLyog 8.71 with this change reverted back. You can download SQLyog 8.71 Community from here http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/downloads/detail?name=SQLyog-8.7.1-0Community.exe&can=2&q=

Regards,

Vishal P.R

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.