Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Enable Performance_schema ?

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Enable Performance_schema ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I installed MonYog, have a doubt  : the mysql performance_schema on MySql must be enabled to MonYog produce results ?

siddhant

Hi,

MONyog makes use of the performance_schema database of the MySQL for the sniffer functionality only i.e. performance_schema needs to be enabled if you have configured the sniffer in MONyog using the performance_schema. Sniffer can be enabled in three different modes.

1). Processlist mode

2). Performance Schema mode

3). MySQL Proxy mode

I’ll elaborate on the first two for you to choose from. 

Performance Schema based sniffer makes use of the performance_schema database of the MySQL server. Performance_schema database if enabled, logs in each and every query(even the short lived one’s) in one of it’s table. MONyog queries the performance_schema and retrieve the queries therefore allowing MONyog to log in even the short lived queries. A disadvantage of it is that it causes a bit of an overhead on the server. For performance schema based sniffer the default sniffing time interval is 1 minute. Please note that performance schema was introduced as of MySQL version 5.6.14.

Processlist based sniffer on the other hand fires the query SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST to the MySQL server to retrieve the queries running on the server at that instant. Please note that in this method short lived queries may get missed, as it returns the queries running at that very instant only. Although, it do not create much of an overhead. The choice solely depends on your monitoring goals. For processlist based sniffer the default time is 1 second.

Apart from the sniffer in query analyzer(that too if you enable it with performance schema mode), performance schema is not used anywhere else in MONyog.

Hi, thanks for the explanation, it is clear now.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.