Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

drop constraint problem

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests drop constraint problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Shadow

I wanted to drop a constraint from an InnoDB table, but SQLyog came back with 140: wrong create options. Apparently the temporary table could not be created. Any idea?

Ritesh

SQLyog logs all the queries in the History window. Just check out the query that is returning error :huh:

Shadow

The create table command for the temporary table fails. It's getting more interesting as I manually executed the steps that SQLyog is supposed to do when dropping the table, and everything went smoothly. The drop constraint option, however, doesn't work even after repeated attempts. I will work on the issue tomorrow.

Shadow

I believe, I found the problem: MySql (not SQLyog) tried to create the temporary table's file with illegal character (“?”) in its name.

Ritesh

Great 😀

Shadow

Well, not that great, we have an app that regularly creates temporary tables. What if it fails beacause of MySql creating temporary tables with illegal characters in their names?

Ritesh

Hmmmm..

Maybe you can put it in the MySQL Bug List :huh:

Shadow

I have already sent them an e-mail. It seems, however, that certain sessions create temp tables this way. If a session fails to create a temp table once because of this bug, then it won't stop. “Fortunately,” it is MySql 4.1-alpha. I wish, MySql released a beta (at least…)!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.