Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Drag And Drop Reorder Tabs && Tabs Have Their Own Result Sets

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Drag And Drop Reorder Tabs && Tabs Have Their Own Result Sets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      TGKnIght

Drag and Drop Reorder Tabs —

You click on a tab, drag it to a different position and it reorders the tabs for you..

Tabs have their own result sets —

Each Tab should display it's own result set instead of one result set shown for every tab…

peterlaursen
      Participant

1) drag'n'drop:

there are more places where drag'n'drop could be implemented. It takes an awful lot of time. It is not high priority right now I think.

“Each Tab should display it's own result set instead of one result set shown for every tab…”

My left shoe should be on my left foot and not my left foot in my left shoe ?????

… Sorry but I do not understand what you mean! 🙄

Ritesh

@TGKnIght:

If I correctly understand, you want the result tab to stick to the corresponding query tab.

@Peter
      :

Right now, the same result tab is being shared among all query tabs. So if you want to compare two result-sets side-by-side, you need to write multiple queries in the same query tab. Many users have requested that each query tab would have their “own” set of result tabs.

@TGKnIght
      :

Am I correct?

peterlaursen
      Participant

Oh yes .. that could be! 🙂

Well then let me repeat my implementation proposal:

A RESULT tab has a 'pin' icon on it. It is normally 'greyed out'. Clicking it makes it 'color-up' and that TAB gets 'sticky' (won't go away unless you explicitly close it or make it 'non-sticky').

TGKnIght

Yes the sticky idea seems like a great implementation..

I think if you do something like that, the stickied results should open up a new pane in addition to the result pane belonging to the particular tab you are on.

Imagine that we have a “tab pane” and a optional “sticky pane”.

You run a query, the results fill in the “tab pane” which is the only visible pane at this point..

Next you click the sticky button, which opens up the “sticky pane” and fills the results with the same info in the current “tab pane”.

Now you click to a different query tab, the “sticky pane” stays the same, but the “tab pane” is now a fresh start.

The panes should be drag and droppable too so the user can choose side-by-side or over-under layouts.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.