Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Download Links

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Download Links

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Ok, I don't found any section for this, sorry if it's on the wrong one.

But why every time I need to download the new version of SQLyog I need to register?

On this month we had 3 versions (not complaining about it) and every time I need to put all my info just to download it.

Question: what do you people do to download the (new) versions/programs?

Me: After the first time I registered (with my real name+email) the others ones I just used random/fake info. Now I copy the link:

http://www.webyog.com/en/download_form.php…2FSQLyog812.exe

Remove the initial link: http://www.webyog.com/en/download_form.php?url=

And use the rest to download the file.

That's too much trouble/work to just download one file. Really.

peterlaursen
      Participant

For COMMUNITY version it is like this. It is not registration. The information is used for statistical purposes mainly. The alternative was registration but if we should maintain such system for the huge amount of COMMUNITY users we would not be able to keep it free.

Now what would you suggest? A cookie-based solution?

Hmm.. There's some other programs (don't remember what now, sorry) that use the thing, I mean, one form with registration and just below one link with a text like that 'don't want to register, I just want to download' …

What I tought was a php script that can count the download (maybe on that text just to download), I mean, something like download.php?cod=SQLyog , and in that download.php file some php script inside, like a redirect function with the exe link. And one counter. Getting the user info.

It's easier to do. And nice.

What the other users from the forum think?

genner
      Saulo Benigno wrote on Jun 11 2009, 02:53 AM:
      Hmm.. There's some other programs (don't remember what now, sorry) that use the thing, I mean, one form with registration and just below one link with a text like that 'don't want to register, I just want to download' …

What I tought was a php script that can count the download (maybe on that text just to download), I mean, something like download.php?cod=SQLyog , and in that download.php file some php script inside, like a redirect function with the exe link. And one counter. Getting the user info.

It's easier to do. And nice.

What the other users from the forum think?

I AGREE! Provide a link for SQLyog Enterprise and Community free upgrade. Since you always release updated version now and then.

Thanks

navyashree.r

Hi,

From the 'Downloads' links you will be able to download the (free) COMMUNITY version and the ENTERPRISE.

http://webyog.com/en/downloads.php

Thank You.

Regards,

Navya

genner
      navyashree.r wrote on Jun 19 2009, 02:20 PM:
      Hi,

From the 'Downloads' links you will be able to download the (free) COMMUNITY version and the ENTERPRISE.

http://webyog.com/en/downloads.php

Thank You.

Regards,

Navya

What I mean you always update/fix bugs and you don't give out free updates/upgrades to enterprise license user. When will this software be free of bug and upgrades will be free.

peterlaursen
      Participant

There is 1 year of free upgrades included with every purchase.

That's bad.

The thread went the wrong way from my message 🙁

peterlaursen
      Participant

@saulo .. I think I understand.

You are saing that if you have downloaded a COMMUNITY build a few weeks or few months ago you do not find it reasonable the you will have to fill out the email contact form again when downloading a new build as long as there is no change. Is this correctly understood?

peterlaursen wrote on Jun 22 2009, 09:20 AM:
      @saulo .. I think I understand.

You are saing that if you have downloaded a COMMUNITY build a few weeks or few months ago you do not find it reasonable the you will have to fill out the email contact form again when downloading a new build as long as there is no change. Is this correctly understood?

Basically this Peter.

The problem is to fill *every time* the form. I did that months ago when I downloaded the program (community build) for the first time. And every time there`s a update (months, weeks, days) I need to fill it again. And again. And again.

This is very, very annoying. Really. I understand for the first time. I know that you want to count how many downloads, but this is not the best way to do it.

Like I said, there are other type of programs out there that has the same `system`, fill the form and download, but there`s one link below the form with something like `I don`t want to fill, just download` (a text like that), that leads to the file, without filling the form. There`s no obligation.

I want to know what the others forum members do to update the program, I mean, to pass the obligatory form and download the newest version. I wish to know if I`m the only one that don`t like that.

Thanks Peter.

Rohit

Only the email field is mandatory.

We want to know if users are coming back and get similar statistics. This helps us measure a lot of things.

We could introduce the concept of registration and subsequent login but that would be more irritating than a simple form.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.