Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Downgrade From From 5.7.2 Tp 5.6.4 Fails

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Downgrade From From 5.7.2 Tp 5.6.4 Fails

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      JoeGibbs

Hi

I am doing testing of the 5.6.4 to 5.7.1 upgrade. I have a dev instance of monyog that was a fresh install. I coped over the data from the prod 5.6.4 instance to the dev 5.7.1 instance. It started up just fine. So now I need to test the downgrage path in case we have issues in production with the new version.

When I start up the dev intance with the 5.6.4 binary these are the error message that i get in the logfile. It starts but does not have the 1 server that was monitored in 5.7.1.

[5.64] [2014-05-12 11:52:20] Msg:MONyog Started!

[5.64] [2014-05-12 12:23:48] Msg:MONyog is Starting … !

[5.64] [2014-05-12 12:23:48] configlist.cpp(3082) ErrCode:-1 ErrMsg:/db/monyog/data/0001/connection.data — Version mismatch

[5.64] [2014-05-12 12:23:48] configlist.cpp(3259) ErrCode:-1 ErrMsg:/db/monyog/data/0014/sniffer.data — Version mismatch

[5.64] [2014-05-12 12:23:48] Msg:MONyog Started!

How do I do a sucessful downgrade ?

Joe

peterlaursen
      Participant

The only way to downgrade is start MONyog with an empty MONyog /Data folder (in cases where the schema of the MONyog embedded database are different between the 2 versions).

You may refer http://blog.webyog.com/2009/07/29/monyog-database-schema-explained/ :

“There is a schema_version table in all databases created by MONyog. Every time MONyog starts it will check here if the database is up to date with the current program version. If it is not MONyog will perform the necessary schema upgrades at start-up. Schema definition reads:”

But there is no logic handling downgrades a similar way. And that is why you get the errors in the log.

You write “So now I need to test the downgrade path in case we have issues in production with the new version.”.  Don’t worry! You will nto face issues!

JoeGibbs

Peter,

Since we are running a tarfile install on Linux we will make a backup of the entire software directory along with the data directory. We can restore them if needed. There might be a data gap but that is better than no data.

Joe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.