Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Does This Tool Support Syncing 2 Remote Servers?

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Does This Tool Support Syncing 2 Remote Servers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      temak82

Hello everyone,

I have been looking all over for a tool/script that will easily let me sync databases that are located on 2 different servers (not on my local machine).

I am using rsync and DNS failover to daily copy specific accounts from the main server to a secondary one. I need a way to move and actually update the mysql databases as well, so the sites are fully functional on the second server.

My question is, does this server do it? If so, is it possible to set up some sort of a cron job for it or maybe even install it on the server (its a linux environment, but I run windows at home) and run it that way?

Thanks for the help!

Ritesh

Yes. SQLyog is the optimal tool for your requirement.

Our in-house data-sync expert Peter Laursen, has written a great article on the same. I am attaching it with this post.

peterlaursen
      Participant

.. bvadr !!! 😀

Just to point out how to use the tool: you can run the sync job from a Windows machine with SQLyog Enterprise installed or from a Linux machine with EITHER the SJA for Linux OR SQLyog enterprise (for Windows) installed on the WINE windows emulator.

The Windows version offers you a GUI to build the jobfiles (on Windows and Linux/WINE).

You'll find more information is our FAQ as well. Look in categories “SJA” and “data synchronization”.

And my article is not quite up to date, because with the SQLyog Enterprise version 5 you can even sync tables without a Primary Key (though it is recommended to have one). As soon as Ritesh has given me the necessary information about how this works I'll write-up the article.

Raja

I have recently posted a new topic with similar type of question. I hope I may get your insight. My question is at

http://forums.webyog…wtopic=6905&hl=

Sync Production Data To Secondary Server Or Failover Server

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.