Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Dns Issue After Update To 4.02

forums forums Monyog Monyog Deployment Dns Issue After Update To 4.02

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Doug Hubbard

I was running the second beta of monyog 4 (I know, I should have updated sooner).

After updating the rpm packages to 4.01, then to 4.02 (both of which went through without issue) my system now cannot access the remote server via SSH to gather system info. It can however get there just find for mysql connection.

I get an error of

Failed to connect to SFTP: SshConnect Error while connecting to ssh server — Failed to resolve hostname XXXXX (Name or service not known).

If I remove the hostname and put in the IP everything works as it used to.

Just to repeat this is ONLY for the ssh connections, the mysql credentials are still using the hostname (and connecting fine).

I have tried a reboot but that didn't help.

Supratik

Hi,

Can you please provide us some more details so that we can effectively investigate on this issue.

1) Is you SSH server and MySQL server are on the same machine ?

2) Are you able to establish a SSH connection to your server from any SSH client like PUTTY or Linux ssh command using the same hostname ?

3) If you run the command “nslookup [SSH hostname]” does it return the expected IP address ?

(Please replace with the real hostname in place of SSH hostname)

4) What is the O.S in which your SSH server is running ?

Please let us know the output of the following command depending upon the O.S type.

i) For Linux

cat /etc/issue

uname -a

ii) For Solaris

cat /etc/release

uname -a

iii) For MAC

sw_vers

Doug Hubbard
      'Supratik' wrote on '23:

Hi,

Can you please provide us some more details so that we can effectively investigate on this issue.

1) Is you SSH server and MySQL server are on the same machine ?

2) Are you able to establish a SSH connection to your server from any SSH client like PUTTY or Linux ssh command using the same hostname ?

3) If you run the command “nslookup [SSH hostname]” does it return the expected IP address ?

(Please replace with the real hostname in place of SSH hostname)

4) What is the O.S in which your SSH server is running ?

Please let us know the output of the following command depending upon the O.S type.

i) For Linux

cat /etc/issue

uname -a

ii) For Solaris

cat /etc/release

uname -a

iii) For MAC

sw_vers

Yes the SSH server and mysql server are running on the same machine (however they are on separate machines from the system running MONyog).

I can connect to the system from anything OTHER than the ssh connection of monyog using the host name (including the command line ssh client from the system running monyog).

nslookup returns the correct name.

cat /etc/issue

Welcome to openSUSE 11.1 – Kernel r (l).

uname -a

Linux HOSTNAME 2.6.27.48-0.3-default #1 SMP 2010-09-20 11:03:26 -0400 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The ssh/mysql server has not changed at all (nor has the underlying monyog system) the only update was to monyog itself.

Supratik
      'Doug wrote on '27:

Yes the SSH server and mysql server are running on the same machine (however they are on separate machines from the system running monyog).

I can connect to the system from anything OTHER than the ssh connection of monyog using the host name (including the command line ssh client from the system running monyog).

nslookup returns the correct name.

cat /etc/issue

Welcome to openSUSE 11.1 – Kernel r (l).

uname -a

Linux HOSTNAME 2.6.27.48-0.3-default #1 SMP 2010-09-20 11:03:26 -0400 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The ssh/mysql server has not changed at all (nor has the underlying monyog system) the only update was to monyog itself.

Thanks for the information.

We request you to create a support ticket [url=”http://http://webyog.com/support/ttx.cgi”%5Dhere%5B/url%5D to prevent disclosure of

sensitive information that we may require during our investigation.

Can you please perform the following troubleshooting steps in the system running MONyog and reply us back in our support ticket system.

1. Can you please try to connect to the SSH server from the system on which MONyog is running using the SSH command as shown below and reply us back

with the verbose output

ssh -v -v -v user@server-hostname

2. Please create a entry in your /etc/hosts file as shown below and try to connect using MONyog.

IP-SSH-Server SSH-Server-hostname

Please let us know if you are still facing the issue.

We look forward to your reply.

Doug Hubbard
      'Supratik' wrote on '28:

Thanks for the information.

We request you to create a support ticket [url=”http://http://webyog.com/support/ttx.cgi”%5Dhere%5B/url%5D to prevent disclosure of

sensitive information that we may require during our investigation.

Can you please perform the following troubleshooting steps in the system running MONyog and reply us back in our support ticket system.

1. Can you please try to connect to the SSH server from the system on which MONyog is running using the SSH command as shown below and reply us back

with the verbose output

ssh -v -v -v user@server-hostname

2. Please create a entry in your /etc/hosts file as shown below and try to connect using MONyog.

IP-SSH-Server SSH-Server-hostname

Please let us know if you are still facing the issue.

We look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

I have opened a ticket with the requested information.

peterlaursen
      Participant

yup .. the ticket is there.  We will take care 2row morning.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.