Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Disable Of Checkbox "save Passwort" Not Working

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Disable Of Checkbox "save Passwort" Not Working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

When I have a saved a passwort in the connection dialog and I want to disable it later (by uncheck “Save Passwort”), the passwort remains still there.

As soon as I login again, the passwort is still there.

At the moment, it is not possible to remove a saved passwort. The only possible solution is to delete and add a new connection.

When I uncheck “Save Passwort”, the password should be removed from the connection profile.

peterlaursen
      Participant

which program are you talking about? I think SQLyog and not Monyog?

(please post in the correct category next time!)

Issue is confirmed! It happens with 5.24 and 5.23 if you 'install over' older versions.

To correct the issue: delete/rename the sqlyog.ini file or just open the file in an editor and delete all passwords (every line reading like 'password ….').

We changed the storage of this password in 5.23 and made a mistake with 'old' passwords.

I am moving your post to SQLyog category!

Yes, I was talking about SQLyog, sorry for posting it in the wrong place…

I was using Version 5.24. But now I installed Version 5.25. According to the latest news, this should be fixed in 5.25, shouldn't it?

> Bug Fixes:

*When installing version 5.23 or 5.24 over 5.22 (or earlier) the option not to save passwords to the sqlyog.ini file was disabled for existing connections.

In my opinion, it is still not working in 5.25:

– I installed Version 5.25 and deleted sqlyog.ini

– I started SQLyog 5.25 and enterd a new connection including password and checked box “Save Password”

– Then I did a restart.

– After that I disabled the checkbox “Save Password” and connected (the password was still filled in, which is correct).

– Then restart again

– Now, The Checkbox “Save Password” is disabled, but the password is still filled in….

Armin

peterlaursen
      Participant

I cannot reproduce this!

Here I uncheck 'save password' and next time Connection Manager is opened pasword is not displayed.

And that no matter if program is restarted or not.

Are you perfectly sure that it is the latest version you are testing? (you might have installed to another folder and have an old icon / link and use it by mnistake)

I can reproduce it every time.

I attached two print screens. One of the login screen, how it is opened the first time (see that the checkbox is disabled and the password is still filled in) and a print screen of the about box showing the version 5.25.

Armin

peterlaursen
      Participant

We will check this again.  Maybe some mistake was doen with the Community version.  With Enterprise I cannot reproduce.

I just installed Version 5.26 Community Edition and now it works perfectly!

Thanks a lot

Armin

Bikas
      Armin Heinzer wrote on Mar 21 2007, 09:26 PM:
      I just installed Version 5.26 Community Edition and now it works perfectly!

Thanks a lot

Armin

Hi

Thanks for trying out the new release , and we are glad that it stands upto your expectations,

but we would like to know a few things

1) Did you try installing the Enterprise,

2) Do you mean that it works only for community and not for enterprised ??

Hoping for your quick reply,

Quote:
      but we would like to know a few things

1) Did you try installing the Enterprise,

2) Do you mean that it works only for community and not for enterprised ??

I don't know if this problem exists in the Enterprise. I only work with the Community Edition.

Some weeks ago I installed the Enterprise Trial but then I installed the Community Edition over it.

Yesterday I installed the 6.0 Beta Community Edition first and then I installed 5.26 Community Edition over it.

Hope this may help.

Armin

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.