Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

'-dir' Parameter

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions '-dir' Parameter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      nickring

Hello,

With the new feature of the “-dir” parameter, will it be enhanced so that the application can be installed and/or ran from a removable drive (such as USB key)?

If so, will there be an enhancement to the installer so that it does add SQLyog to 'Control Panel' -> 'Add / Remove Programs'?

Cheer,

Nick

peterlaursen
      Participant

1) if your removeable drive is “drive e:” just install to (for instance) e:sqlyog. If you want the sqlog.ini and other writeable files also in e:sqlyog the command is

Code:
      SQLyog -dir “e:sqlyog”

(paths with a SPACE or a COLON must be “quoted”

You may edit the command in the 'properties' of a desktop or startmenu icon created by the installer.

So I do not see the problem and do not understand why you are asking. I will work. I you have some issue, please detail.

2) When you install I think it gets added to Add/Remove on the machine where you install (doesn't it?). But of course not if you next bring the removeable drive where it is installed to another machine. Actually in my opinion it does not makes sense to me to add to Add/Remove if not isntalled on a permanent drive, but there are several way to remove it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.