Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Decrease Timeout When Connecting To Servers

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Decrease Timeout When Connecting To Servers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

SQLyog 12.2.6 64 bit

Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit

Wine 1.6.2

I typically have connections to 8 – 10 different servers at once. As I move from place to place (e.g. office to home or home to coffee shop) some of those remote servers will not be available because I am not connected to the VPN. When starting SQLyog it takes a really long time for the connections to time out so that SQLyog will initialize and be usable for the servers that are reachable.

Please consider lowering the connection timeout, or make it a parameter per connection that can be tweaked by the user.

Mitch
      Participant

Any feedback on this? It is really causing me grief.

Sibin A S

Hi Mitch,

We currently do not have any value set for defining the connection timeout for establishing connection. For SSH connections though, the timeout is set to 30 sec from SQLyog. For the rest, it is api default. We are looking into setting it to a lower value but many things have to be taken care for that. Changes have to be made in ini file (for maintaining it during restore) and connection details, if we provide the connection level timeout setting.

We have added your request into our request/issue tracker, here >> https://github.com/webyog/sqlyog-community/issues/2120

Regards,

Sibin

Mitch
      Participant

Are the stored connections restored sequentially, or in parallel?

Sibin A S

All the connections (out of the saved connections) that were open before SQLyog is closed will be saved in the ‘connrestore.db’ file and will be restored sequentially while re-opening SQLyog.

Please note, the connections will be saved and restored only if ‘Restore session on startup’ option is selected.

Regards,

Sibin

Mitch
      Participant

Is it possible to restore the saved connections in parallel? That would significantly decrease the startup time, and would do a lot to alleviate this timeout issue.

Harper18

Hi Mitch,

We currently do not have any value set for defining the connection timeout for establishing connection. For SSH connections though, the timeout is set to 30 sec from SQLyog. For the rest, it is api default. We are looking into setting it to a lower value but many things phenq review by emil jones have to be taken care for that. Changes have to be made in ini file (for maintaining it during restore) and connection details, if we provide the connection level timeout setting.

SQLyog 12.2.6 64 bit

Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit

Wine 1.6.2

I typically have connections to 8 – 10 different servers at once. As I move from place to place (e.g. office to home or home to coffee shop) some of those remote servers will not be available because I am not connected to the VPN. When starting SQLyog it takes a really long time for the connections to time out so that SQLyog will initialize and be usable for the servers that are reachable.

Please consider lowering the connection timeout, or make it a parameter per connection that can be tweaked by the user.

We have added your request into our request/issue tracker, here >> https://github.com/webyog/sqlyog-community/issues/2120

Regards,

Sibin

still having the timeout issue, any idea on how to fix this

Mitch
      Participant

It still causes me trouble also.

There is no fix yet. They have added it to the github issue tracker for possible future development.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.