Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Database Synchronization Combo Width Is Too Small

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Database Synchronization Combo Width Is Too Small

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Julian Vidal
      Participant

I have many connections that are prefixed the same (client name, website, etc) and I like to have the hosts names this way because as they are listed alphabetically they show up grouped together in the connection combo.

My problem is that in the DB synchronization window (the one where you select your source and destination servers) the combo is very small and I only get to see just the first part of the server name. In my case this leaves me with many entries that look exactly the same.

For example, let's say you saved the following connections:

Client's name product1 master US

Client's name product1 slave 1 US

Client's name product1 slave 2 US

Client's name product1 slave 3 UK

Client's name product1 staging master US

Client's name product1 staging slave 1 US

Client's name product1 staging slave 2 US

Client's name product1 staging slave 3 UK

Client's name product1 devel master US

Client's name product1 devel slave 1 US

Client's name product1 devel slave 2 US

Client's name product1 devel slave 3 UK

In the synchro windo combo I only get to see “Client's name prod” and that's it. It's very hard for me to determine which server is which. A way around this is changing the naming scheme (which is what I do right now) to something shorter, but this is very complicated to read and very error prone.

I think that making that window resizable would solve this problem and would also solve another problem that arises when the table names are very long and columns get fudged (see screenshot):

[attachment=1606:table_name_length.png]

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Julian.

sathish

Hello,

I have added this in our issue tracker here: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1676 We will schedule this according to our priority.

Regards,

Sathish.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.