Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Database Sync: Different Table Names

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Database Sync: Different Table Names

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      TriCityGuy

Is there a way to sync tables in a database with different names / same schema. I may just be overlooking something very obvious. It seems when I'm selecting database sync it just gives me a source and target option but its assuming the table names are the same and not allowing me to do any mapping.

ashwin

Hi,

Currently we do not have an option to do table mapping for different table names with the same schema. Database Sync creates a new table in the target which you want to sync if same table name is not present.

We will consider table mapping feature in Database Sync and discuss with the team.

I have added this in our Issue tracker: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1608

Thanks and Regards,

Ashiwn A

ken

As a first step, it would be nice to have the long-awaited feature to simply ignore the table prefix (first N characters) when doing syncs and compares. That would cover the case of migrating data from one Joomla instance to another, for example.

Thanks,

K

IanE

This thread was a while ago so I'm wondering if anything happen about this as I find I need exactly this feature for synchronising Joomla tables with different table name prefixes.

Thanks

Ian

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.