Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Data Synchronization Wizard Fails

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Data Synchronization Wizard Fails

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      maxhugen
      Participant

I’ve been using the SQLyog Job Agent, and the Data Synchronization Wizard, for years to sync my local data from clients’ servers.

We’ve just moved a client’s database from one server, to another. I installed the db on the new server by using a dump from the old server.

However, when I try to sync the data from the new server to my pc, the Wizard stops at one particular table, does not display any values in the Inserted | Updated | Deleted columns, and displays “Completed” for against both Source and Destination.

The sja.log shows the same thing, with no msgs, and there is nothing in the sqlyog.err file.

I tried getting a dump from the new server, and re-installing the db on my machine, but the result is the same.

I’m stumped. Can anyone suggest anything I can do, or try, to fix this issue?

Are there any locks on the table you mentioned in source or destination?

maxhugen
      Participant

Not that I’m aware of. No-one was logged in, and I tried it a number of times.

peterlaursen
      Participant

As this is reproducible one server and not another – and with same data –  it must have something to do with a specific server environment/configuration. To find out what it exactly is causing tis without access to the server, would for us be like searching a needle in a haystack with our eyes blindfolded.

Was it possble that we could have temporary read access to the data on this server (on another ‘faked’ dataset where it is reproducible)? If so please send credentials and details to [email protected]. If your client will not allow us to access the real data, then please try

1) duplicate the problematic table (dump this table, and import to another database, or just to a new differently named table, for instance) 

2) verify if problem persists with the new duplicated table s well. 

3) (if required) delete most ofte data in this table (say except for 50 or 100 rows), ‘fake’ sensitive data in remaining rows, again verify that problem persists.

4) provide us access to the duplicated table.  

maxhugen
      Participant

I’m checking with the client re access, will advise.

maxhugen
      Participant

Couldn’t get permission to provide read access to the db. It’s for a $billion hospital construction project, with a lot of confidential contractor info.

However, I was finally able to sync the table with the issue, and now the SQLyog Job Agent is running AOK again.

Just for my curiosity, what was the issue?

maxhugen
      Participant

Unfortunately, I was not able to determine the cause of the issue.  🙁

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.