Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Data Sync Not Deleting Row In Target When A Where Clause Added

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Data Sync Not Deleting Row In Target When A Where Clause Added

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      nigelf

I have a job that syncs 2 tables, with a WHERE clause :

“ex_id < 1000" where “ex_id” is a column that is part of a 2-col composite key. If I sync with no WHERE, any rows deleted in the source are also deleted in the target (as expected). With the WHERE clause, if I delete a row in the source (with ex_id < 1000 !), it is not deleted in the target. it does, however, insert any missing rows. SQLyog Ultimate 9.51 MySQL 5.5.27 Any ideas why? thanks.

ashwin

Hi,

Please confirm whether you are doing One-way sync or Two-way sync? Because Insert from Target to source happens only in Two-way sync.

Regards,

Ashwin

gonzaloleon
      'ashwin' wrote:

Hi,

Please confirm whether you are doing One-way sync or Two-way sync? Because Insert from Target to source happens only in Two-way sync.

Regards,

Ashwin

I'm having the same problem, i make another post.

In my case, im doign one way sync.

Thanks!

nigelf

Hi,

One way sync – but I'm not looking to insert into the source table. Normally in one-way sync, if a row has been deleted in the source, it is then deleted in the target when synced. But when I add the WHERE clause, the deleted rows in the source are no longer deleted in the target.

thanks.

Jan.S

Hi,

This is by design. When you have a WHERE clause, and rows need to be deleted in the target, there is a discrepancy in which rows should be deleted. Therefore, to avoid any confusion, rows are not deleted when a WHERE clause is used.

Regards,

Janani

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.