Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Data Search Help File Fix And Enhancement Request

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Data Search Help File Fix And Enhancement Request

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      smine
      Participant
        [*]in the Help file for Data Search, there appears to be a character encoding error. note the “box” chars surrounding “snow leopard”

Quote:
        To search for the literal string 'NULL' should you want to, `back quote` it as `NULL` or enclose it in double quotes as “NULL”. And the last detail is that if a “double quoted string” contains a double quote-character itself followed by whitespace this 'inner' double quote-character must be escaped with the -character (backslash). For instance while searching for �snow� leopard�� the search string needs to be given as �snow� leopard��.

[*]Data Search works in all tables of a database and one table of a database but (of course :)) i would like to select a subset of tables in a database. is this or will this be possible? (we tend to have dozens or hundreds of tables in a database, and only a few of them might be interesting for Data Search.)

peterlaursen
      Participant

1)

This is not reproducible here. When I oepn the help file it reads

Quote:
      To search for the literal string 'NULL' should you want to, `back quote` it as `NULL` or enclose it in double quotes as “NULL”. And the last detail is that if a “double quoted string” contains a double quote-character itself followed by whitespace this 'inner' double quote-character must be escaped with the -character (backslash). For instance while searching for “snow” leopard”” the search string needs to be given as “snow” leopard””.

Do you use Wine? If so what wine version on on what distro?

2)

Reasonable request . Added here: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1648

smine
      Participant

we do not use Wine. we use WinXP Professional SP3.

that's odd, i see the correct characters in your msg, but i see the square boxes in my msg and on my PC. this part of the help file is the only place i see the boxes. well, it's not a big deal, i just thought if there was something wrong with the help file maybe someone could take a look at it, but that's probably not necessary.

thanks for adding the request!

Aparna

Hi,

There was an issue with the double quote character(because of which it used to not display correctly on few systems)and it has been corrected now. It should display fine with our next release. Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.