Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Dashboard System Availability Intermittent

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Dashboard System Availability Intermittent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike Coulten

Hi,

Just got MONyog setup and its gone pretty well but, on the dashboard the system availability chart shows 'Not available' on about 30% of collections on two of my RH Linux db servers.

[attachment=1711:Slave1-Dylan_System Availability.jpg]

At these times CPU usage is also not reported. I did not change anything on MONyog or the db server. Why is this happening? Thanks for any advice

Shalmali
      'Mike wrote:

Hi,

Just got MONyog setup and its gone pretty well but, on the dashboard the system availability chart shows 'Not available' on about 30% of collections on two of my RH Linux db servers.

[attachment=1711:Slave1-Dylan_System Availability.jpg]

At these times CPU usage is also not reported. I did not change anything on MONyog or the db server. Why is this happening? Thanks for any advice

ClientAliveInterval should be more than server's data collection. Could you please try this and lets us know.

Mike Coulten
      'Shalmali' wrote:

ClientAliveInterval should be more than server's data collection. Could you please try this and lets us know.

Thanks, I found ClientAliveInterval in the sshd-config on the servers I was connecting to and set it to 900 (seconds). Would have been helpful if you had told me where to find this as I first went searching in MONyog's settings! It seems to be working.

Interestingly the server that was working OK – no intermittency – had the ClientAliveInterval line commented out in the sshd-config file. Presumably this disables all closing of SSH sessions as the data collection interval for this server was the same as for the ones that were intermittent

I like MONyog but I am finding the documentation poor which seems odd to me since MONyog is sold as a “DBA in a box” i.e. its helpful for people who don't know mySQL DBA very well. The MONyog documentation seems to be written by an expert user for an expert user. To be fair, its the way I write my app documentation, but that's why I get someone else to do it ! Is there any other documentation other than the browser interface help system? What about third party stuff? Any books on MONyog?

peterlaursen
      Participant

We will consider how we can improve documentation to point to side-effects of this 'keep-alive setting'.

I don't agree that the MONyog docs was written by a DBA expert. It was originally written me (and I am definitely not) and the persons who have been maintaining it fro the last couple or yers are not either. We cannot help that MySQL 'instrumentation' is how it is. But I agree that the reply given above could have been more clear in respect to where to find this setting.

Mike Coulten

Fair point, sorry to be grumpy 🙂 and thanks for the help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.