Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Customising Alert Emails

forums forums Monyog Monyog customisation Customising Alert Emails

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve Bond

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the content of the email alerts? And how this would be done?

One example would be to display the Last Error value in the mail alert for a replication failure.

Thanks,

Steve

Mahesh

You can't edit content of email Alert.

We do have plan to implement different email subject templates for Mobile users and other users.

For people who access their mails on Mobile device for them currently it is difficult to make out what is wrong(Which particular counter has reached threshold value etc..) until opens an email to read in detail about subject and content.

danit

i'm with steve on this. i think the ability to modify email alerts would be a big plus.

i receive slow query alerts when it is hard for me to investigate (for example in middle of the night or when i'm on the road). i would like to add a show process list to the email alert. surprisingly, i'm finding it to be impossible!

Mahesh

You can try WayBack machine feature it displays information about these variables:

1) Threads connected

2) # of slow queries.

The graph displays aggregating values on years/months/days/hours/ minutes depending on the data. If sniffer was running during this interval, aggregated sniffer information will be displayed for the time interval. Also you can see first and last value of (optionally) all or changed variables aggregated values.

Steve Bond
      'danit' wrote:

i'm with steve on this. i think the ability to modify email alerts would be a big plus.

i receive slow query alerts when it is hard for me to investigate (for example in middle of the night or when i'm on the road). i would like to add a show process list to the email alert. surprisingly, i'm finding it to be impossible!

@danit,

I had the exact same idea a while back (great minds!), wanted to get a process list dump when the threshold was met. Unfortunately didn't get very far. See :http://www.webyog.co…?showtopic=4971

Outside monyog I created a script that checked the number of running threads and then did a show process list if it hit the threshold. I think our spikes were too short lived though as the number of queries listed was almost always way below the threshold. This might be suitable for your slow query requirement though.I

Would be very interested if you come up with another way to do it!

Steve

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.