Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Csv Export – Numerics Are Quoted

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Csv Export – Numerics Are Quoted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      lmcgarry

While exporting as CSV from the current version of SQLYog (8.71 Ultimate), I noticed that the numeric values were also quoted.

I definitely want text to have quotes, but Excel doesn't read the numeric values correctly because they also have quotes. I am exporting to CSV files which act as a datasource for pivot tables.

Can this be fixed in an upcoming version? Either don't include quotes around numeric values as the default or include an option in the export dialog box.

Thanks,

Linda

ashwin

Hi Linda,

Quote:
      Either don't include quotes around numeric values as the default or include an option in the export dialog box.

We already have an option “Optionally” in the Export as CSV -> Change -> Specify the Escape Characters(See the attached image). If you select “Optionally” only the string values will be quoted not the numeric values.

lmcgarry

I missed the “optionally” part. It works exactly as I need.

Thanks,

Linda

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.