Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

CR/LF in text files

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests CR/LF in text files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      olov

I need to run MySQL on a LAN consisting of a number of Win98 computers and I was very happy to discover SQLyog which really seems to take care of all my problems. I very minor issue is that when you import records from a text file created by WordPad the carriage return character (dec 13) is included in the field. If I specify CR as the record terminator n pops up instead. I can get around the problem by removing the CRs by a trivial Perl script or by using a text editor like NoteTab where you can specify Unix as file format. But I think a better solution would be to remove the CRs in SQLyog when you import data from text files. Would that cause any problems? The default separation character is t but text file extension used is CSV (comma separated value). It's confusing but I can live with that.

CalEvans

I understand your problem as I've run into it many times before. However, I disagree as to the solution. I like the fact that SQLyog is not 'feature rich' as some others. It is a tool with the minimum features necessary to do the job. This is an issue that can easily be dealt with in a number of ways. I don't think it is SQLyog's place to fix the problem.

That having been said, have you tried specifying n AND the code for CR ? (Don't know it off the top of my head, sorry.) If SQLyog will not allow you to specify more than 1 code in the line termination box then THIS is an issue they should deal with.

=C=

Ritesh

You can specify the Escape Characters in your Text/CSV file by clicking on the Change… button in the Import From CSV File… Dialog box.

If the lines are terminated by CRLF then you can give rn in the Lines Terminated By… field and SQLyog will correctly import your data.

Quote:
      The default separation character is t but text file extension used is CSV (comma separated value). It's confusing but I can live with that.

Its like that because it is common among developer/administrators to export data where fields are separated by t 😀

Ritesh
      Quote:
      If SQLyog will not allow you to specify more than 1 code in the line termination box then THIS is an issue they should deal with.

You can specify more then one code in the line termination box. Most often for Windows file, it will be rn

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.