Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Crashing / Acting Unstable (9.5.1-0)

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Crashing / Acting Unstable (9.5.1-0)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Znarkus

Hi,

I tried to import a >300MB .sql file, and it only got to 48%. I waited for a long time, and when I hit Stop/Cancel it wouldn't let me; the button wasn't responding. Then when I tried moving that window, it crashed with Windows dialog “Not responding”.

I terminated SQLyog, started it up again and tried to Empty the DB. Neither did this work, tried about five times. It kept crashing on me.

Is SQLyog prone to crash with slow DB servers? The DB was in a virtualized server on the local machine, with 2GB of dedicated memory. Also noticed that the server was running low on disk space available.

/ Markus Hedlund

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please elaborate the term 'crash'. What you describe here does not look like a *crash* in the strict meaning of the word.  You mean it comes irresponsive? 

Znarkus
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

Please elaborate the term 'crash'. What you describe here does not look like a *crash* in the strict meaning of the word.  You mean it comes irresponsive? 

First it becomes unresponsive, then after a while when I try to move/close the windows, Windows asks if I want to wait for the application to start responding. When that happens I assume an application has crashed, most of the time.

– Markus

peterlaursen
      Participant

It has not *crashed*. A *crash* means that the process has stopped to exist/has been aborted by the Operating System. You can see for yourself in processlist/Task Manager that the SQLyog process is still running.

It looks like a variant of this issue: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1740 . What is the problem here is that the import stops at 48% and you cannot do anything. It could be because connection was lost (the import runs is a seperate connection). There can be more reasons. And we need more imformation.

1) Please server version(s). If the dump comes from one server and is imported to another we need both server versions.

2) Please tell if the dump was created with SQLyog or another program?

3) Is it consistently repeatable that the import stops at exactly 48%? Could you try again (delete tables etc. imported during first try). Let it run for some time (at least 20 minutes) even if the progress indicator stops at 48% (or whatever).

4) If it is reproducible that the import stops at a specifric point it could be a data specific issue. Can you share the dump with us in that case? (Don't do here – we will arrange a FTP upload or similar).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.