Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Crash On Large Comments

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Crash On Large Comments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      JT Moree

Using Ubuntu 11.04 (gnome2) and Wine 1.2.2-0ubuntu6. Using mysql 4 database.

I consistently can crash SQLyog (and Xwindows) by altering a table and changing the comment on a column to be very large (hundreds of characters to thousands).

Posted bug against X with ubuntu.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/922684

Bad news for me is that it works fine under Windows 7 so it's probably a Wine/X Bug but I wanted to cross post here in case you want to look at the SQLyog side of things or someone else runs into this.

peterlaursen
      Participant

'MySQL 4' is not very precise. 4.0x and 4.1x are very different – but probably not very important here.

There have been quite a lot of problems with Wine on Ubuntu 11.x – both 11.04 and 11.10. For 11.04 we have this FAQ: http://www.webyog.co…ould-i-do.html. Did you replace the .dll's or are you able to run SQLyog on Ubuntu 11.04 on your environment without doing so?

Please also tell the exact SQLyog version you are using. We may not be able to do anything about this but we should at least try if there was a recent change causing this.

I don't think SQLyog crashes as such. But a(ll) GUI program(s) will of´ course disappear if the complete graphics system does. Also after this 'crash' does the 'wineserver' process still run? In Wine SQLyog does no have its own process but is 'encapsulated' in the 'wineserver' process. (and BTW: I do not like that you refer SQLyog as 'a badly behaving program')

ashwin

@JT Moree,

Please attach the crash dump here. You can find it in “/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users//Application Data/SQLyog/SQLyog_Dump_xxx.dmp”

ashwin

Quoting from your Ubuntu bug report-

Quote:
      After a few hundred characters Xwindows will crash back to the login screen

We could reproduce this in any software which has a single-line edit control. For example, in Notepad File->Open, while typing a few hundred characters the program vanishes. This seems to be a Wine issue and definitely not a SQLyog issue.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.