Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Copy/paste Issues

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Copy/paste Issues

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      aspetner

Let me preface this by expressing my gratitude at the implementation of the “saved sessions” feature. I had requested this feature almost a year ago and am so appreciative that you guys actually implemented it. It has taken the SQLyog product to a whole new level for me.

This second issue is the only other issue I have with the product (and let me tell you – until I found SQLyog I had been searching tirelessly for a decent SQL management application).

This issue manifests itself in at least two ways (I am assuming that it is the same issue):

The first manifestation is that often after executing a query, when I want to copy data from a cell via Ctrl-C, I need to click the cell two or three times before Ctrl-C will actually work. I also see this when clicking a new cell at a time when another window has the focus. If I want to copy the cell data via Ctrl-C, I need to click the cell twice.

The second manifestation can be reproduced as follows:

1. Click cell A and press Ctrl-C
      2. Click cell B
      3. Switch to another tab and then switch back.
      4. Press Ctrl-C.
      5. Instead of cell B’s contents, the clipboard still contains the contents of cell A.

Thanks

Aaron

sathish

Hello,

This is because when you switch between the query tabs the focus will be on query tabs. Hence Ctrl+C operation will not be able to copy from the result tab. And the clipboard remains unchanged. Hence it will contain the contents what you had copied before. This is by design.

Regards,

Sathish

aspetner

Well then, can this be a feature request that in-app or in-tab focus should stay in the pane that last had focus? When I am in middle of working, I don’t want the in-application focus to change just because I had to switch tabs or applications to check something. Often I have to tab between different windows to reference data. Or sometimes I need to email results of certain queries. I copy a cell, paste it into my email, then go back to copy another cell. 

Additionally, if I switch focus back to SQLyog by clicking on an actual cell (as opposed to alt-tab or clicking the query pane), then the focus should definitely go to that cell. I should not have to click the cell twice, once to give focus to the app and once to give focus to the cell.

Alternatively, can there be some sort of indicator (e.g. the cell highlight color can change) that the cell does not actually have focus? Right now, when focus goes back to the query pane, the cell has the same black border as when it has the focus, which causes me to think that the cell actually has focus and I end up thinking that I am copying something that I am not. Maybe when the result grid loses focus the selected cell border should turn gray?

Thanks

Aaron

peterlaursen
      Participant

Am I right in understanding it like this 

“request that the RESULT tab of every QUERY tab (if populated) should memorize the last focus so that after swithcing to another QUERY tab and back the same cell would have same focus as before”.

We would then have to consider GRID, FORM and TEXT modes independently.

aspetner

Yes. But also the same thing for when switching out to another external application and back.

Either way, I think my other idea that the currently selected cell have a different colored border when the query tab has focus would also be good so it is clear when the cell actually has focus.

sathish

Hello,

We have added this request in our issue tracker here: https://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=2045 But currently the priority is not set for this.

Regards,

Sathish

aspetner

Another thing to note: this issue also occurs in a tab that has no query pane at all (e.g. when opening a table in a tab). When switching to that tab, the active cell does not have focus, even though there is (seemingly) nothing else that has focus.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.