Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Copying Views To Server On Cpanel

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Copying Views To Server On Cpanel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      regex
      Participant

Hello there!

I've been copying databases from SQLyog to remote cPanel servers for close to a year now without problems. It's a wonderful feature.

But today, when I tried to copy a database that includes a view, I got error 1227:

Access denied; you need the SUPER privilege for this operation

The fix I used was to login to WHM then phpMyAdmin and issue a command in the SQL window.

I had read on Stack that the general fix for this error was this:

grant SUPER on *.* to 'user'@'localhost' identified by 'password';

That didn't work, so I tried with the user shown in the SQLyog tab:

grant SUPER on *.* to 'user'@'SERVER_IP_ADDRESS' identified by 'password';

That didn't work either, so I used my local IP (which is allowed in cPanel / “Remote mySQL” to enable SQLyog connections in the first place).

grant SUPER on *.* to 'user'@'MY_HOME_IP_ADDRESS' identified by 'password';

That worked.

Now here's my question. Is there any way I could have done this from SQLyog? Is there an easier way? (Not that it's bad once you know what to do.) I guess I could have Putty-ed into the server and done it from the mysql console, but that's not really easier.

Not a burning question, just curious to see if anyone has thoughts on this issue.

Thanks, wishing you all a fun week.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.