Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Copy Sqlyog Connection Definitions To Other Computer

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Copy Sqlyog Connection Definitions To Other Computer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Club Webware

We have multiple SQLyog licenses and we'ld like to copy/transfer the connection definitions from one computer to another one that is also running SQLyog.

However, I can't find an export/import option for doing that. So how can I accomplish this?

Best regards,

Marja Ribbers

The Netherlands

ashwin

Just copy/backup the SQLyog.ini file and paste in AppData folder (same path) of another system where there is SQLyog.

Exact file path is:

For Windows XP/2003:

C:documents and settingsuserapplication dataSQLyogsqlyog.ini

For Windows Vista/2008/Win7:

C:UsersuserAppDataRoamingSQLyogsqlyog.ini

Please note that the 'AppData' folder is a hidden folder. You need to unhide it from Control Panel .. folder options.

Regards,

Ashwin A

Club Webware

Thanks, that works. But a simple export/import feature from the SQLyog user interface would be more than welcome.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I have added this request here: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1728

But as long as we store the connection settings in a plain text file ('SQLyog.ini') I don't think we will implement this.

However seen in the context of other requests for the connection manager (filtering and sorting of connections, 'tagging' connections – whatever) that would requrie (or at least benefit from) a more database-like storage of these data we may consider in the future.

shubh

Request has been implemented in v10.2 Beta1

polonia

Hello all

In Windows 8.1 the ini file is at

:UsersAppDataLocalVirtualStoreProgram Files (x86)SQLyog

e.g.:

C:Usersuser_nameAppDataLocalVirtualStoreProgram Files (x86)SQLyog

Cheers,

Pedro

mysterion

@Polonia – thanks so much for posting those paths to a 3yr old thread on the exact day I’m looking to migrate!  😀

peterlaursen
      Participant

There also is an option in menu .. tools .. Export/Import Connection details.

(maybe there wasn’t when this thread started) 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.