Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Copy For Paste Configuration Values

forums forums Monyog Monyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Copy For Paste Configuration Values

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      LeHHeL

I expect if you for example offer a hint for us, then I should have a button where if I click on it, to get in a way a copy in clipboard, or text for my.cnf in page somewhere.

For example, I got myisam_recover_options disable and suggest to enable.

I tried to see very carefull how to write the option and try to enable.

First is very easy just click on a small icon near rule to get a copy in clipboard of the suggestion, second I treid to add

myisam_recover_options=yes and MySQL not restarted.

SO I like to get in clipboard the exact value what should I edit in my.cnf

Example: myisam_sort_buffer_size=64M this is correct.

peterlaursen
      Participant

“I expect if you for example offer a hint for us, then I should have a button where if I click on it, to get in a way a copy in clipboard, or text for my.cnf in page somewhere.”

I am afraid that I do not fully understand. Currently MONLyog only connects to the MySQL server(s). We cannot have access to the file system like that when connecting to MySQL.

We do plan of course 'shell acces' to localhost as well as remote systems, but privilege to directly update the configuration file and restarting MySQL from a MONyog instance would probably not be given by the SysAdmin on most systems. Also what we give is not a non-disputable truth – it is an advisor only. For instance if more programs (like a webserver) is running on the same computer the SysAdmin may want/need to 'compromise' to balance the performance of each.

I agree that the hints could be more 'direct' like “insert this-and-that in the mysql configuration file [mysqld] section”. Also copying this into clipboard is a good idea.

LeHHeL
      peterlaursen wrote on Feb 24 2007, 08:14 AM:
      I agree that the hints could be more 'direct' like “insert this-and-that in the mysql configuration file [mysqld] section”. Also copying this into clipboard is a good idea.

This is only what we want, to be more direct the “insert this-and-that in the mysql configuration file [mysqld] section”, then I can copy to clipboard and with a SSH what I have open, I can paste into my server. So I want this manually do, not with

shawn_h
      LeHHeL wrote on Feb 25 2007, 12:28 PM:
      This is only what we want, to be more direct the “insert this-and-that in the mysql configuration file [mysqld] section”, then I can copy to clipboard and with a SSH what I have open, I can paste into my server. So I want this manually do, not with

BTW, to enable myisam recover options you do this:

[mysqld]

myisam_recover=FORCE,BACKUP,QUICK

that's all.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.