Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

coping tables between two databases

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog coping tables between two databases

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      aZa

I enjoy very much working with SQLyog but couldn't find one nice feature that “MySQL Front” has and that's why I also keep running that programm as well … It's coping just one table from one database to another. Quite often I need that one feature for synchronization between my local database and the one I have on hosting computer.

Is it possible in SQLyog? Maybe I do not see something? (copy only some tables between two databases, like exporting but only for selected ones…)

Ritesh

You can do that.

Just connect to both the hosts, and select the table you want to copy in the Object Browser. Choose Copy Table… from the popup menu.

You can copy structure as well as data between two databases.

aZa

When clicking right button on table name and choosing “Copy Table Structure / Data …” you only have an option to copy all data / selected fields and structure of current table to another table on the same host … I need to to copy it to another host. 🙄

Ritesh

You have to connect to both the hosts ( source and target ) using the connection dialog…SQLyog lists all databases for all connections.

After you have connected to the first host select File->Connect… to connect to a different host

aZa

I still do not understand how I can do this. Here, I've attached a two screenshots of what I do – opened two connections, choosed in one of them one DB and in other – another. Right click on table name (firts screenshot), choosed “Copy …” (second screenshot) and do not see any export options. What am I doing wrong? :ph34r:

Screenshot 1:

sqlyog_1.gif

Screenshot2:

sqlyog_2.gif

Ritesh

You can copy the whole database with its table structures/data between two hosts. Just connect to two hosts as you are doing and choose a DATABASE in the object browser and select Copy Database… from the popup menu ( as show in screenshot 1 ).

You will get a dialog ( as shown in screenshot 2 ).

As of now you cannot select indivisual tables to be copied between two hosts but we plan to implement in our next release i.e. SQLyog 3.1

Screenshot 1:

sample.gif

Screenshot 2:

sample2.gif

aZa
      Ritesh wrote on Feb 23 2003, 07:51 AM:
      As of now you cannot select indivisual tables to be copied between two hosts but we plan to implement in our next release i.e. SQLyog 3.1

That's what I've been asking about from the very first post – is it possible to copy just selected tables between two hosts, not whole database data and structure but just selected tables. Well, if it's not still implemented than I will stick to MySQL Front as for now. :ph34r: You surely should implement this nice feauture because many hosting companies offer only one database for one user and you often have site's tables, some free forums software tables (like phpB:cool: and other common scripts tables all in just one database, so it is a must feature for me to copy just tables I select to my localhost for development of the site for instance and do not touch others (for example I develop my site and work with site's tables and because this feauture isn't presented in SQLyog I will have to copy also my forums tables and other site scripts tables when synchronising my localhost database with the one on the server instead of just coping table dedicated solely for the site's output)… 😎

Just my 2 cents.

P.S.: When do you plan to release 3.1 version?

Ritesh
      Quote:
      When do you plan to release 3.1 version?

Within ONE week. Would you like to test SQLyog 3.1 before we officially release it?

Pat

Ritesh:

have you made any progress adding the feature to copy a single table, with data, from a database on one server to another database on a different server?

The app works great for me but in working daily the task I need to do most often is to bring table data from a remote server down to a local server.

Pat

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.