Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Connection Lost Or Hung Over Vpn

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Connection Lost Or Hung Over Vpn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

SQLyog Ultimate 8.71 in WINE Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit

I use a VPN to connect to a remote network. I use SQLyog over that VPN to connect to the remote mysql server. The connection works fine, but if the program has been idle for a long time (hours), the next time I try to do anything that talks to mysql in that window, the program hangs as if the connection were dropped. I know that the VPN has not gone down because I use it in other programs successfully.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please execute (after connecting to MySQL with SQLyog)

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%timeout%';

.. and paste the result here. If 'wait_timeout' is low try to set it higher (max setting is 28800 (seconds)) in the connections manager.

Do you have any option not to use the VPN. To use SSH tunnel for instance?

Mitch
      Participant

Timeout values below. I did not see this problem when I used an ssh tunnel (either my own outside of SQLyog or using the SQLyog tunnel). I “could” use ssh, but that is not as convenient for me when I move from remote to office and back.

Code:
      connect_timeout 10
      delayed_insert_timeout 300
      innodb_lock_wait_timeout 50
      innodb_rollback_on_timeout OFF
      interactive_timeout 28800
      net_read_timeout 30
      net_write_timeout 60
      slave_net_timeout 3600
      table_lock_wait_timeout 50
      wait_timeout 28800
      peterlaursen
      Participant

Do you have any idea on how we can reproduce this? What is the exact VPN solution you are using?

Mitch
      Participant

It is a standard PPTP VPN. The hardware on the host side is a FortiGate firewall, client is Ubuntu 10.04 with native PPTP client.

If you can't reproduce it let me know and I'll investigate if I can set you up to access ours.

ashwin

In order to investigate this issue we request you to provide us temporary access to your connection.

Please create support ticket by sending the details to mail-id : [email protected]

Mitch
      Participant

I will investigate the feasibility of doing so. It may be a while as I'm out of town for a week. I will let you know.

Mitch
      Participant

I have permission to allow you into our VPN for debugging. Are you still interested in doing this?

peterlaursen
      Participant

sure .. but it will only be after the weekend. I think we should stop communicating here (in a public Forum). Just send a mail to [email protected] with a link to this discussion. A (private) ticket will be created and we will continue there.

chrisbloom7

I have found that this happens if the VPN connection closes/drops and is then re-established. The most frustrating part is that the entire connection window freezes so you can't get back to any other tab but the one that was currently open. I just lost about 4 hours worth of work (my fault for not saving it earlier, but still frustrating).

In my case, I'm on a PPTP connection in OS X 10.6 using the built-in VPN utility.

EDIT: More details – Running SqlYog Community v8.61 via CrossOver (Wine bottle manager for Mac)

chrisbloom7

I was really upset about losing my work so I was leaving the dead connection window open, just ignoring the problem. Much to my surprise and delight the window appears to have reestablished connection again. Mind you this was after having the VPN connection open again for at least 30 or 40 minutes, as well as after opening new connection windows to the same MySQL server. Maybe it is a timeout issue, but thankfully not to the tune of 28800 seconds.

supersuf

Any updates on this? I believe I am facing the same issue.

danfare

Same thing is happening to me. Very frustrating.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.