Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Connection Error

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Connection Error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mub

I am using SQLyog's free version on my machine (running on LAN). It is not connecting to database that is remotly located but it gets connected to database on my local machine. On other machines (with real IP) in the network connection to the remote database is working. Do I really need a real IP for my machine to connect to remote database or there is any other setting change that can work out the problem.

Any suggestion/idea?

peterlaursen
      Participant

There should be no problem in connecting to a remote server!

And it probably is the same problem with Other clients ?

What are the details that you provide on the connection screen ? The same on all machines ?

A very special situation could be if your hosts-files redirects the URL of the remote MySQL-server to “localhost”. A rason for that could be that the network admin does not want computeres behind the gateway(router) to connect to the remote server.

😎

Shadow

Whad do you mean by “real IP”? You mean that you connect to Internet through LAN and your firewall uses NAT?

In MySql a user is created as username@hostname. Hosname may be an IP address or domain name. If your user is bound to a specific host (your computer is not granted access) and you connect from another one, then MySql refuses the connection! You may specify “%” as hostname meaning that user may connect from any host.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Yes but Shadow … that was not the question. Since he can connect from machines on the “outer ” side of the router user accounts with the MySQL server are OK.

But with computers behind the router he gets redirected to to “localhost”. That's a local network problem and has nothing to do with neither the MySQL server nor with SQLyog. The only way I know this redirection could take place is to put a line like this in the hosts-file

127.0.0.1 domain.tld (tld = top level domain like 'com')

The hosts-file is located somewhere like c:windowssystem32driversetc

(But with certain type of network setup they might be other reasons for this redirection).

I suggest “real IP” is “global IP”. That makes sense – he can connect to the remost MySQL server fram machines that have a “global IP” but not from anotehr has has no “global IP” – ie. computers that are behind a router (and thus have only a “local IP”).

Ritesh
      mub wrote on Jun 3 2005, 07:02 AM:
      I am using SQLyog's free version on my machine (running on LAN). It is not connecting to database that is remotly located but it gets connected to database on my local machine. On other machines (with real IP) in the network connection to the remote database is working. Do I really need a real IP for my machine to connect to remote database or there is any other setting change that can work out the problem.

Any suggestion/idea?

Can you tell us the error you are getting?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.