Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Connection Dialog Problems With Pulldown Field

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Connection Dialog Problems With Pulldown Field

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ChrisB

I have 50+ Saved Connections.

When I click on the Pulldown Menu, I can click on any given option and things work fine.

If I navigate through the list by typing letters (perhaps I want to choose something starting with “W”) and press Enter to select the highlighted option, it doesn't properly choose my selection.

More specifically, to reproduce this problem:

– multiple saved connections in list

– click on the pulldown … the list expands for display

– press letters ie: R or W or M … whatever is in your list … pressing letters works properly to highlight options

– press Enter to select the one currently highlighted

– PROBLEM:

– – the pulldown selection text changes to match the selected item

– – the rest of the fields in the dialog box DO NOT update. They just keep their existing content

– – If you click Connect, it connects using the old data

– – The name of the selected connection in the pulldown menu gets saved as selected when exiting the program

I believe this goes back to time of 6.0 release.

peterlaursen
      Participant

This

Quote:
      – – the rest of the fields in the dialog box DO NOT update. They just keep their existing content

– – If you click Connect, it connects using the old data

– – The name of the selected connection in the pulldown menu gets saved as selected when exiting the program

is not reproducable for me with 6.13. It 'fills out' with the correct data for the named connection and connects with it.

Any idea?

What exact version do you use?

ChrisB

I'm using 6.13 now.

I explained it incorrectly … the problem is not primarily when pressing Enter, but rather if you leave your mouse over the pulldown input box after clicking to open it, and then navigate with keystrokes, but use the mouse button to click and choose the selected entry whose name has been auto-entered into the input field because of keystroke navigation. After clicking, the displayed name updates, but all the fields in the rest of the dialog box do not.

It's as if it's decided that nothing has really been selected … but only changes the displayed name instead of actually selecting it, or reverting back.

I think that it should select the displayed option, rather than reverting back to what was there prior to clicking to open the pulldown initially.

Sorry for the mistaken explanation.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I am afraid I still either cannot reproduce this or do not understand!

Quote:
      if you leave your mouse over the pulldown input box after clicking to open it, and then navigate with keystrokes, but use the mouse button to click and choose the selected entry whose name has been auto-entered into the input field because of keystroke navigation. After clicking, the displayed name updates, but all the fields in the rest of the dialog box do not.

can you detail ..

ChrisB
      • Start SQLyog
      • Dialog of saved connections appears automatically for me
      • The “Saved Connections” pulldown currently says “Baskets And Hoops”
      • Hover over the pulldown and click on it to open the pulldown menu
      • All my available connections are listed … “Baskets And Hoops” is still selected in the top of the pulldown
      • Don't move the mouse
      • Press the letter R twice to select “Randy Server 1”, and then “RunningRoom”
      • Note that the top of the pulldown, where originally clicked to open the pulldown, now says “RunningRoom”
      • Click the mouse button ON the top of the pulldown, on “RunningRoom” (NOT down in the list … just on the top of the menu)
      • The pulldown closes, leaving “RunningRoom” in the top of the pulldown, suggesting that it's been Selected
      • The rest of the dialog box fields still show the DB connection settings for “Baskets And Hoops”
      • If I click Connect, I get connected to the “Baskets And Hoops” server
      peterlaursen
      Participant

13: Ok – we will try seriously again tomorrow!

peterlaursen
      Participant

two persons tried on two different systems. We still cannot reproduce!

I wonder if you have some special mouse driver or setting that will select (= 'click') after hovering the same place for some time. Some laptop Touchpads actually have this option (and some will CLICK on the touchpad itself). Also there are tweaks/utilities that do similar things with an ordinary mouse.

Is your mouse using Windows standard driver or something else like LOGITECH driver for instance?

Mahesh

HI,

It is reproducable now…….We will look into this issue

Thanks for reporting.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.