Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Configuration Lost (undesired Behaviour)

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Configuration Lost (undesired Behaviour)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      alucasr
      Hi, 

I’ve been using this amazing tools for months, maybe even more…

…and without problem until now.

But I’ve had two consecutive crashes today, each time I started my laptop from sleep.

…so I remembered there was a new version and I installed it… GREEEAT mistake.

I’ve lost all the information I had on the previous version: not just the connections … I’ve lost dozens and dozens of tabs with thousands of scripts/queries…

Last versions of several of the scripts I had are gone…

I know I should have a backup,… I had at the very beginning, but for the last months, this it’s been my master copy, my backup, and now it’s gone.

I updated the version several times in the past and I’ve never lost a thing (that’s why I’ve been over-confident now…).

so…now I just can try to recover it…

Is there anyway to recover the configuration? where does the program save it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards

alucasr
      I was going to update my backup scripts and include the SQLyog folder (C:UsersxxxxxxAppDataRoamingSQLyog) and I’ve found it was already there… I’ve got a copy on each backup…

I hope others will be so lucky…

peterlaursen
      Participant

We really cannot comment on why the “configuration” was lost in your case. 

But it is a good idea to include the file C:Users{user}AppDataRoamingSQLyogconnrestore (I think this is the file you refer to as “configuration”) in a routine backup plan (just in case) if you use ‘session restore’ – and in particular if you don’t backup each tab to separate files. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.