Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Chunks And Bulks

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Chunks And Bulks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

I think there are several problems still in Beta5. Looks like everything went much too fast and things got messed up!

1) Export

* 'Create Bulk insert statements' simply does not work!

* There is no CHUNK option. I think there was in beta 4. Is that intended that is is removed?

2) Backup 'powertool'

* Unchecking CHUNKs creates a BULKs of one line only ??? (or is it a CHUNK of one line only that is created?)

* When I choose a certain BULK setting the BULK settings become quite different (much smaller). For instance if I chose 100000 Bytes each BULK become between 2-3 KB.

Both:

* formatting the dump file: Additional blanks lines often occur where they should not and don't occur where they should!!

Actually I am a little bit uncertain about the stauts of this thing. Whether it is supposed to be fixed or not in B5. But anyway: take it as a reminder that it is not …

BTW: I request (again) that BULKs are specified in KB not B(yte). The latter is ridiculous in my opinion! 🙂

Ritesh
      peterlaursen wrote on Apr 2 2006, 06:17 PM:
      1) Export

* 'Create Bulk insert statements' simply does not work!

* There is no CHUNK option. I think there was in beta 4. Is that intended that is is removed?

2) Backup 'powertool'

* Unchecking CHUNKs creates a BULKs of one line only ??? (or is it a CHUNK of one line only that is created?)

* When I choose a certain BULK setting the BULK settings become quite different (much smaller). For instance if I chose 100000 Bytes each BULK become between 2-3 KB.

Both:

* formatting the dump file: Additional blanks lines often occur where they should not and don't occur where they should!!

Actually I am a little bit uncertain about the stauts of this thing. Whether it is supposed to be fixed or not in B5. But anyway: take it as a reminder that it is not …

BTW: I request (again) that BULKs are specified in KB not B(yte). The latter is ridiculous in my opinion! 🙂

Regarding point 1, 1a is a bug and has fixed in RC development tree. 1b, there is a CHUNK feature but its called “LIMIT ROWS” in the Preference window. It does not have any effect on direct connection. It is applicable to HTTP Tunneling though. If you export a huge table then SQLyog will get data in LIMITS as specified by the user (1000 rows by default if the user does not specify it) from the server and dump it. Its useful when you have a big table and your ISP has put a limit to the memory usage for PHP.

Both the issues in point 2 are bug and have already been fixed in RC development tree.

Quote:
      Both:

Can you explain this a little more? A sample would be nice.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I'll work on some examples of 'badly formatted dumps' tomorrow!

peterlaursen
      Participant

The issue is the same as another user also has reported, but seems 'forgotten in the hush'.

The CR-LF sequence is erroneously written like CR-CR-LF (or HEX '0D 0D 0A').

NOTEPAD ignores this double CR-CR sequence – other editors (such as my favorite TEXTPAD) don't. Due to this the 'arrangment of linebreakings' becomes a mess in TEXTPAD.

A simple dump attached and a screenshot of how it displays in a HEX-editor.

sarat

Can you tell me your settings e.g. BULK INSERT, COMPLETE INSERT etc. Best will be if you can send mail the SCHEMA file to Ritesh and screenshot of DB->Export Batch File option if you are using it.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I simply exported the table from right-click in OBJECT BROWSER. No BULKs were chosen (but this has no efect due to a bug in the BETAs till now).

Didn't I attach the dump file.

I see the double CR-CR sequence too in BACKUP 'powertool'. It happens with all data and all settings

The double CR-CR sequence is the problem as things messes up (makes things difficult to read) in some editors! This has been there for a long while. All the time I have been using SQLyog, I think.

peterlaursen
      Participant

The old discussion I referred to was this one:

http://www.webyog.com/forums/index.php?sho…65533;entry8732

In the JPG that I uploaded I highlighted the two succeeding CR-characters, so it should be plain to see.

Ritesh

Fixed in RC development tree.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.