Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

#-character in the editor

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests #-character in the editor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

what's special with the #-character in the editor ??

Below two examples

1) … select count(*) as `# nr`…

2) … select count(*) as `antal nr` …

In the first all text form # to ; is greencolored. Omitting the #-character does not.

The first query runs as ist should and generates the column name ´# nr ´ with the view.

Hope you get the point although names are Danish.

peterlaursen
      Participant

BTW – that reminds me that in the above examples the eidtor does not recognize the concluding

“………. ; ”

of each statement.

However if I put in a linebreak like

“…….. <<< ;”

– it does.

That must be because each statements is one long line (it is a view definition copied from the objects-pane) and the parser within the editor stops parsing after character number somewhat in each line. No problem if you know it, but very annoying until you find out.

Of course you shouldn't write a statement like that, but when copying statements or using machine-generated statements that stuff occurs …

So just replace “for i= 1 to 256 do….” with “while not end of line do …. ” in the code or however it's expressed in the language/dialect used for the editor …

I learned that about 25 years ago …. 😀

Ritesh

# xxxx is one of the commenting style in MySQL and hence the green color. The current keyword lexer does not consider ` around the object names.

I have reported the issue to my development team and will be fixed in v4.07.

Ritesh

Bug solved in the v4.07 development tree.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.