Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Can't Connect

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Can't Connect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am the administrator for the MySQL databases that are running on Sun Solaris boxes. I have granted my administrator account full privileges not just to the various hosts in my system, but also via the % method which I believe to grant for any host I connect from.

I was getting the messages mentioned by other users regarding access denied. From the command line, I flushed privileges again and I can get connected now. However, all I can see are the database containers.

I'm not able to select a database to use, I can't click on the database containers to expand them,etc. The only function that does work is to execute a sql command such as select.

The error message I am getting is the same for anything I try to do:

ERROR No. 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'table status from `database name`' at line 1

Any suggestions where to fix this? I still suspect it is a permissions thing but since I've given this account carte blanche from any host, I'm a little lost as to where to proceed.

I hestitate to use the actual IP address I am connecting from at this site since it can change to a different IP every time I connect.

Thank you.

Ritesh

Seems, you are connecting to an older version of MySQL that does not supports ` around object names.

Anonymous

Thanks – that could be it. We are deploying new db servers shortly which will have latest release of MySQL – I'll wait until then for more testing.

Marianne

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.