Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Cannot Export …

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Cannot Export …

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

When I try to export a MySQL 4.026 database with SQLyog 5.1 beta I get the attached error message.

A file is generated reading:

Code:
      /*
      SQLyog Enterprise – MySQL GUI v5.1 BETA 4
      Host – 4.0.26-nt-max : Database – tttt
      Server version : 4.0.26-nt-max
      */

SET NAMES utf8;

create database if not exists `tttt`;

USE `tttt`;

Now .. neither 'SET NAMES' or the utf8 character set is valid with MySQL 4.0.

This export error occurs with various characters sets for the server.

Obviously, as SQLyog has no charset conversion library of its own, it depends on the MySQL server to do the job.

And MySQL 4.0 cannot utf8_encode. I guess that is why nothing is returned.

I think the encoding (ANSI-localisation or UFT8) should be user configurable with MySQL 4.1 ++.

With this it is also not possible either to export from MySQL 5.x and import into MySQL 4.0 with other characters than the ASCII-subset.

People use that a lot! (local 5.0, webhost 4.0).

And I do think you should discuss such changes in public!

This change would be a very big and very bad change to a lot of people if they were not aware!

Please remember that the world is much bigger than Bangalore. MUCH MORE information on what is going on, please!! DAILY blogging!!!

There are no such problems with 5.02. But of course it will only work with the subset of characters supported by the localization.

SQLyog 5.1 also works with MySQL 5.x because here the server knows the utf8 encoding.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Clarification

Quote:
      I think the encoding (ANSI-localisation or UFT8) should be user configurable with MySQL 4.1 ++.

The use of term ANSI here is confusing <_< I would rather say: let user choose between 'save as stored in database' or 'encode and save as utf8'.

Ritesh

Starting from BETA 5, SQLyog will provide you an option in SCHEDULED BATCH EXPORT WIZARD to specify whether you want to export the data in UF8 or not. This is required when a user wants to export data from v4.1 and above tries to import in a MySQL version < 4.1. When you export from MySQL version less than 4.1, this option does not have any meaning as you cannot export in utf8 with that version.

peterlaursen
      Participant

SCHEDULED BATCH EXPORT WIZARD

That is a new name isn't it? :huh:

And what about the 'ordinary' export tool then? 'As is' with MySQL 3-4.0 and uft8 with MySQL 4.1++?

Quote:
      When you export from MySQL version less than 4.1, this option does not have any meaning as you cannot export in utf8 with that version.

That was my point too!

peterlaursen
      Participant

And I suppose that the specified wil be used for

Code:
      set character_set_results =

and only that? Just like SQLyog beta4 does?

Now that would actually allow for syncing data between databases having different charset with MySQL 4.1++ when specifying , as the SJA would use utf8 internally and the server would convert charset when storing data as described in defaults or columnn-definitions.

Am I right?

Ritesh
      peterlaursen wrote on Mar 29 2006, 07:12 AM:
      SCHEDULED BATCH EXPORT WIZARD

That is a new name isn't it? :huh:

And what about the 'ordinary' export tool then? 'As is' with MySQL 3-4.0 and uft8 with MySQL 4.1++?

That was my point too!

I meant Powertools -> Scheduled Backups 😀

Ordinary export will not have this option. It will export with utf8 for versions > 4.1 and normal when versions < 4.1. We dont plan to add any new features in the normal export. All the new improvements will be done in Powertools -> Scheduled Backup.

peterlaursen wrote on Mar 29 2006, 07:25 AM:
      And I suppose that the specified wil be used for

Code:
      set character_set_results =

and only that? Just like SQLyog beta4 does?

Now that would actually allow for syncing data between databases having different charset with MySQL 4.1++ when specifying , as the SJA would use utf8 internally and the server would convert charset when storing data as described in defaults or columnn-definitions.

Am I right?

Not in BETA 4. We have still not finalised the design regarding this as of now.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.