Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Cannot connect

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Cannot connect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ritesh
      Quote:
      I have the software running, but it will not connect to my SQL server. It takes about 3 minutes to decide it cannot connect during which time nothing else (except maybe cancel) will work. I put in my domain name address and the error indicates my workstation ip. I have checked the username and password and use them both with PHP connecting to that db. Any ideas? BTW, this is the third version of SQLyog I've tried and none have connected yet.

Are you able to connect through the MySQL Command Line utility ?

Can you give me more details about the server on which MySQL is located and also the parameters you pass to mysql_connect() or mysql_pconnect() in PHP to connect to your MySQL.

ghormley

I have the software running, but it will not connect to my SQL server. It takes about 3 minutes to decide it cannot connect during which time nothing else (except maybe cancel) will work. I put in my domain name address and the error indicates my workstation ip. I have checked the username and password and use them both with PHP connecting to that db. Any ideas? BTW, this is the third version of SQLyog I've tried and none have connected yet.

ghormley

Additional info from above:

When I launch SQLyog, it takes about a minute to respond with the login dialog.

If I attempt to login on port 3306, the time to the error message is quick, but the message reports Error # 1045 saying that the @ is denied access. Well, I would assume the username at the server address is the one denied access but that isn't what the message says. Am I thinking wrong here?

Now, if I use port 80 to login with the same parameters, after a good five minutes of trying during which nothing noticable happens, I get a message saying it lost contact with the server while trying to log in. I can use phpAdmin on the server and manipulate the databases as well as manipulating them with php scripts residing on the server.

Where is the connection information stored that is saved in SQLyog. Why does it take so long to bring it up? One might think it was coming from a slow server halfway around the world on a 110 baud modem, given how fast the connection dialog takes to pop up.

I assume I don't understand what SQLyog is asking of me. About one more failed effort to connect and I'm going to forget I ever heard of the software! I'm a bit frustrated as you may be able to tell. Sorry.

ghormley

I can ping the host. I can telnet on port 80 but the server kicks me off for protocol mismatch, I suspect. I get a reply on 3306 but nothing intelligible. I cannot extablish a connection on the the standard telnet port. Guess I need to ascertain that I have remote access to the MySQL server through port 3306.

Thanks for the assistance.

Ritesh

I think you are not allowed to access your MySQL server from a remote host. Contact your network administrator. You can also try the following:

– Try pinging to the IP / Host.

– If ping is OK try telnet to that IP & Port

allan

FYI.

I have the same problem trying to connect to a remote database. I can connect fine locally, and I can connect to the remote database using other products such as mysql front and dbvisualizer.

CalEvans
      Quote:
      I can connect fine locally, and I can connect to the remote database using other products such as mysql front and dbvisualizer.

Are these programs connecting directly or are they using ODBC?

=C=

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.