Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Cannot Connect To Mysql Database.

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Cannot Connect To Mysql Database.

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I am using sqlyog application and connected to many databases. Recently I tried to connect a DB via ssh tunneling. It is not connecting, received error  “SSH error: unable to authenticate”

I have given the following details,

In mysql tab,

mysql host address : localhost

username : mysql_username

password : mysql_password

port : 3306

In SSH tab,

ssh host address : respective IP

username : username_created_for_FTP_connection

ssh port : 22

password : password_of_username_created_for_FTP_connection

I have tried in other applications like mysql workbench and navicat. In those applications it is connecting and working fine.

Kindly help me to get through this.

Sibin A S

Hi Karthikeyan,

This error occurs in case of a mismatch in the Username or password. It can also occur if the username is under the ‘DenyUsers’ in the SSHD configuration file. Please refer our FAQ regarding this >> http://faq.webyog.com/22_113_en.html

Regards,

Sibin

Hey sibin, 

Thanks for the reply.

* I am sure that the username and passwords are correct since it worked in various another applications and I tried several times in sqlyog.

* Could you tell me where I can find the SSHD configuration file? The SSH username is newly created one, could you tell me how possibly the username is under ‘DenyUsers’ list?

* Also I referred the FAQ link, It shows the different types of errors but seems to be not giving any solutions.

Kindly assist me.

Sibin A S

Hi Karthikeyan,

You may find the SSHD configuration for most of the systems in “/etc/ssh/sshd_config”

Are you using public/private keys? If so, you must use keys in the Putty format – not OpenSSH format. We use Plink (a command line utility implementing a subset of Putty) for establishing the tunnel. You can use the ‘puttygen’ utility to convert keys.

Regards,

Sibin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.