Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Cannot change table type

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Cannot change table type

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      spc_123

Running SQLyog 3.11

MYSQL 4.0.12 (I think)

In SQLyog, if I create a new table, and select InnoDB as the type, it saves it as TYPE=MyISAM ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC. I've been leaving the fields default–do I need to enter something else in there?

If I try to change it via “Change Table Type To,” it never modifies it. I need to establish foreign keys and not sure how to go about it. I can't seem to find specifics in the manual. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Ritesh

Are you sure that MySQL has been configured for InnoDB Table Handler properly. Please check out the InnoDB manual at InnoDB Homepage for more details.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Or – a little bit more simple –

if you use the templates for my.cnf/my.ini (my-small, my-medium aso) that ship with mysql there's a basic configuration for InnoDB that works, but the lines are commented out …

spc_123

Thank you both! As it turns out, I was running v.3 not 4 as I thought, and hadn't run the mysql-max.exe. I removed it and installed v4, made the modifications to the my.ini manually, removed the service, and ran the mysql-max.exe. Seems to be fine! Thanks again, you guys saved my posterior.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.