Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Can someone please help

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Can someone please help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      diehl

My hosting service provided this link to help me manage mySQL through a GUI software and I have successfully downloaded and installed the software and have successfully connected to my database server.

However, even though I have no knowledge of mySQL, this program looks like a great tool. The only thing I need to be able to do is to load a database file to my database server. The database is already written, I just have to upload it to the database server.

If someone could please be so helpful as to let me know if there is a specific code I need to type in the webyog software in order to upload the database to the server I would be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ritesh
      Quote:
      load a database file to my database server.

If you have your database backup in SQL scripts ( created using MySQLDump etc. ), then you can use Tools->Execute Batch Scripts… option to execute your queries from the file. The file can be of any size ( limited by OS ).

diehl

I don't want to be a nusance since I don't know anything about mysql or about using webyog. So if you could please bare with me since I am a novice at creating mysql databases.

I was able to connect to the database server through the webyog software and I can see that there are no tables loaded. I have this perl script that uses a database and the person that wrote it installed the database on another website of mine. I connected to that database server using your software and I was able to see all the tables he had uploaded. Now I want to upload the script to another website but I don't know how to upload the database since he had done it for me before. My webhosting provider will not upload the database for me and so I don't know what to do.

So, how do I upload the .db file using your software? I don't have any mySQL scripts all I have is the actual cgi script, the html files, and the database file. Is there a way I can upload the .db file I have to my database server location using the webyog software? Please say there is a way to do this. I greatly appreciate your prompt response and generous support.

Thanks again.

CalEvans

That's going to be kind of rough. SQLyog will not utilize the .db file, nor will it execute the cgi script for you to create the database.

if the database you want to create is exactly the same as the one that currently exists on another server, you could use SQLyog to generate the DDL (the SQL to create the database) then connect to the new server and execute it.

I've done this many times without incident.

HTH,

=C=

diehl

Thanks very much for your help. I appreciate your responding to my inquiry.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.