Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Bugs In New Ui And Keyboard Shortcuts

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Bugs In New Ui And Keyboard Shortcuts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Znarkus

After I created a new table, I need to switch tables several times before it shows me the new table data.

Also, where are all the keyboard shortcuts when creating a table? Like Alt+I to insert a new column.

How do I get from the table editor to the Table Data view with keyboard shortcuts?

I'm really not happy with the new UI.

ashwin

Hi,

Quote:
      After I created a new table, I need to switch tables several times before it shows me the new table data.

Issue confirmed. We will include this fix n 9.6GA(probably this week-end or next week beginning)

Quote:
      Also, where are all the keyboard shortcuts when creating a table? Like Alt+I to insert a new column.

We will add keyboard shortcuts to insert/delete/move-up/move-down as ALT+INSERT/ALT+DELETE/ALT+UP arrow/ALT+DOWN arrow respectively in 9.6GA.

Quote:
      How do I get from the table editor to the Table Data view with keyboard shortcuts?

You can press F11 to open Table Data from anywhere in SQLyog.

Regards,

Ashwin A

Znarkus
      'ashwin' wrote:

Hi,

Issue confirmed. We will include this fix n 9.6GA(probably this week-end or next week beginning)

We will add keyboard shortcuts to insert/delete/move-up/move-down as ALT+INSERT/ALT+DELETE/ALT+UP arrow/ALT+DOWN arrow respectively in 9.6GA.

You can press F11 to open Table Data from anywhere in SQLyog.

Regards,

Ashwin A

Thank you for the response. F11 opened another Query tab, is that intended?

Another issue: If a table editor tab is open (which it will be if I haven't manually closed it), pressing F6 will focus it but not refresh it. Then I have to close it and reopen it to refresh the column data.

ashwin

Hi,

F11 opens another Query tab with Table data in it if there is no query tab already opened in SQLyog.

Quote:
      Another issue: If a table editor tab is open (which it will be if I haven't manually closed it), pressing F6 will focus it but not refresh it. Then I have to close it and reopen it to refresh the column data.

This is actually by design. Anyway, I have added this enhancement request in our Issue-tracker here: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1758

Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,

Ashwin A

ashwin

Hi,

Quote:

We have released 9.6 GA with this enhancement. Please refer: http://www.webyog.com/blog/2012/02/21/sqlyog-mysql-gui-9-6-released/

– Implemented Alt+Ins, Alt+Del, Alt+Up and Alt+Down for inserting, deleting, moving up/down the rows in CREATE|ALTER TABLE interface when the focus is on respective grids. The tooltip for the toolbar buttons will now show this shortcuts.

Regards,

Ashwin

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.