I created a column with an enum data type and entered a couple of string values for the enum options. One of the values was the string “default”. I then discovered that through editing the data in the Table Data view I was unable to set a row to have the enum value “default”. It would try to update the field to “NULL”. After further testing I discovered that selecting the value “default” made it try and pull the default value for the column instead of setting it to the defined enum value “default”.
I originally had this issue in an older v8.X SQLyog so I upgraded to the newest 10.0.2 and the issue still exists.
My solution at this point is to change the enum type to something other than “default” and change my code as well.