Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Bug? Sqlyog Crashes Upon Trying To Connect To Mysql-like Interface

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Bug? Sqlyog Crashes Upon Trying To Connect To Mysql-like Interface

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      krichter

I'm working on a project that talks using the MySQL protocol, but isn't necessarily MySQL. I've been trying different client utilities that use the protocol. MySQL Administrator and the native MySQL client work with this project, but SQLYOG (6.1 Community) crashes with a dump file when trying to connect.

Some information:

– SQL YOG Community 6.1 Stable running on Windows XP

– Clicking on “Test Connection” works fine, and does not crash SQL YOG

– When sniffing the network packets, comparing the MySQL protocol between SQLYOG connecting to MySQL versus this project, the MySQL parts of the packets appear to be identical

Attached is the dump file. I don't have the ability to tell what this dump file says, so is there anyone that can tell me exactly what is causing SQL YOG to crash in my case?

Mahesh

Hi Krichter,

Please provide the information ,

Is the crash happening everytime ?

Send the screenshot for the “Test Connection”.

peterlaursen
      Participant

additional:

You may create a ticket if you want privacy.

It also would be nice if you would allow us to connect. You only need to create a user with NO privileges!

krichter

Actually, I have figured out the problem. This is probably not a serious bug, BUT, what was causing the crash was the “Version” response that the mysql-interface was returning to SQLYOG. (The piece that may say something like 5.0.32-debian_blahblah). I had my interface returning “test” with no numbers. I would guess that SQLYOG uses this part of the packet to calculate something, and since it did not return any numbers to start, it crashed. Other clients I have tried as mentioned above don't seem to depend on this part of the server greeting (As well as the test-connection piece).

After I have my interface returning 5.0.32-test, it connects without error.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Program should absolutely not crash!

It is true that we need the MySQL version. But in case it is not returned we should display an error msg like “requried information is not returned by the server – cannot initialize connection”

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.