Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Bug? Sql Error Shown If Editor Has Other Text

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Bug? Sql Error Shown If Editor Has Other Text

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      kybert

V11.01 64-bit Ultimate

Type this into the editor:

slfdslfjldskfj

SELECT * FROM your_table;

Place the cursor in the select statement, and click the EXECUTE QUERY button

A syl error is shown. This is different to previous versions where the query AT THE CURSOR was executed, not the entire editor AFAIK ? or am i wrong?

sathish

SQLyog will identify the end of each query with ':' (semi-colon). So in your case “slfdslfjldskfj” does not have semicolon so it is considered as one single query.

kybert

That's true. But that is also quite annoying. I'm sure the program used to intelligently work out the start of the query from where the cursor was in a query, even if the query was over multiple lines, e.g. the following was ok if the cursor was on the FROM keyword:

khsfhsdlf

SELECT *

FROM mytable;

Now it doesn't do that any more. Like you say, its simply looking for a semi-colon somewhere before the cursor (or the start of the editor). Then executing whatever comes after that semi-colon.

Am i crazy or was this intelligence removed?

sathish

Hello,

This is the default behavior. We have checked this in V8.2 also. Could you please let us know which version you are referring where it was working?

Regards,

Sathish

kybert

Prev versions i have used are Pro: V8, V9, V10 and then Ultimate V11

Maybe i'm just imagining it, but im sure it was as i described in V9 and V10 ?!

sathish

Hello,

There was only one change in V10.0. From the release notes:

Quote:
      • –The shortcut to 'execute all queries' has been changed from SHIFT+F9 to CTRL+F9 . This is changed because SHIFT+F9 on some keyboards (including most English keyboards) could easily be mistyped if user wanted to type a bracket ( “(” or “)” ).

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.