Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

[Bug] Prompt If Multiple Rows Are Getting Updated

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests [Bug] Prompt If Multiple Rows Are Getting Updated

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      WilandTech

We had a critical system failure last week resulting in an all day outage. This was caused due to a global update that changed one step of all jobs to a completed status on our system. Normally we would get a warning box stating that we are about to update multiple rows, are we sure we wish to do this. There was no box at the time of the incident, and we have tested multiple times with the same response.

Here is the captured result on the database;

update `mxctl`.`jd_test` set `status_id` = '8' where `job_step_id` = '1'

It updated all jobs where job_step_id=1 to a status of 8.

Only one job_step_id was selected to be updated at the time. No prompt was given that multiple rows would be updated.

ashwin

Hi,

Could you please tell:

1) SQLyog version (Help->About)?

2) Check whether in Tools->Preferences->Others->'Prompt if multiple rows are getting updated in the Data display/editing' is checked or not. If checked then SQLyog will warn you and ask for confirmation when editing data results in multiple rows getting updated.

Please check the screen-shots.

Regards,

Ashwin

WilandTech

I apologize. SQLYog Enterprise 10.3 and Yes the box is checked.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please see attached image.

[attachment=1836:duplicates.jpg]

As you see I have created a table with two identical rows. When I change from 'a' to 'b' in one the warning pops up before anything is saved to the server..

To work with this we need a similar test case from you (a table dump and a description of what exactly you are changing). You are welcome to post it privately to [email protected].

WilandTech

Thank you, Sent in to the email.

peterlaursen
      Participant

.. and verified.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.