Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Bug: Database Syncronization Wizard

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Bug: Database Syncronization Wizard

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Julian Vidal
      Participant

When you are syncing a DB and you get to the place where you have to check all the tables you want to sync and you hit “Select All” it takes forever to check all tables. This took around a minute on a MySQL 5 db with only 80 tables!

SQLyog Ultimate 8.71

vishal.pr

Hi Julian,

Please tell whether the program hangs while checking the tables and does not come back to operational state. Or is it like it is taking some time to check all the tables. If it is the later case, then its not a bug. Because not only the visual selection is involved in the operation but there are some background processing that requires time. Like populating columns in the table etc which depends on the connection type and other elements involved in the connection.

Please confirm.

Regards,

Vishal P.R

Julian Vidal
      Participant

vishal.pr,

I see… The program does come back to life eventually and I can keep working, it just takes a very long time. One thing that led me to think this was a bug was the fact that the modal window's title changes to (Not Responding and gets grayed out) and the Windows 7 waiting icon “stutters”.

I guess my frustration comes from this not being a real solution for databases with a large count of tables (which I happen to have a lot of unfortunately!). I usually find it faster to just dump the whole DB at once instead of syncing but I love to have a sync option in SQLyog for my other databases.

vishal.pr

Thank you for the confirmation. Unfortunately this is how Windows behaves. If a window does not respond to the events send to it (mouse click, key press etc) due to an ongoing background processing, operating system will mark it as Not responding.

But if you want to sync all the tables in the database at the time of syncing you can select Sync all tables in the database(Please find the attached screen shot). This option doesn't carry any background processing hence will be instantaneous. Please check the program help to see the difference between two options(Pressing F1 from the wizard will open the relevant help topic). You can save and/or schedule your job also.

Regards,

Vishal P.R

vishal.pr

Sorry, forgot to attach the screen shot. Here it is.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.