Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Big Batch File Error Handler

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Big Batch File Error Handler

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bogdan Zagan

Hello SQL Yog developers & users!

It may happen to be in the following situation: Have a big database, with lots of blob files that you want to export into a BATCH FILE.

Obviously, that Batch File will be huge (sau 500M to a few Gigs). And it is possibile that SQL Yog to generate this BATCH File with errors (yes it is possibile, when you have lots of signs in your blob fields).

Now try to HANDLE THOSE ERRORS !

Well, your computer will crash for 30 min-1 hour when you try to open that file to modify and get rid of the error… yes thats happens if you haven't heard of J-Write. May there be some other programs that could handle huge files (very fast, like working with a few K:cool:.

This may be a feature to support any ENTERPRISE DEVELOPER, that certainly will have to face such problems every day!

Keep up the good work! Now I can say I don't miss MySQL Front anymore.

CalEvans
      Quote:
      Well, your computer will crash for 30 min-1 hour when you try to open that file to modify and get rid of the error… yes thats happens if you haven't heard of J-Write. May there be some other programs that could handle huge files (very fast, like working with a few K:cool:.

If you mean try and open the batch in SQLyog….NO, DON'T DO IT! RUN AWAY! It's a known issue that SQLyog won't handle large scripts very well. I can only think of a handful of programs that would handle files as large as you are talking about and I submit that it's not reasonable to expect SQLyog to handle files that large. I would like to see it handle large scripts better than just having an 'Execute Large Script' option.

HTH,

=C=

Bogdan Zagan

Hi again!

Quote:
      If you mean try and open the batch in SQLyog….NO, DON'T DO IT! RUN AWAY! It's a known issue that SQLyog won't …

What can I say Cal… this is not a good attitude at all. I see that you're pretty active on this FORUM, but I think you've just rushed on this one.

Try this url :J-Write and you will find a component that can handle files that aproach the maximum size supported by your OS.

Now, if u are an enterprise developer (using Oracle, Ingres and even Microsoft SQL Server) you have to deal with such files almost every day.

Why not SQL Yog have this feature built in ?

This is a big step to Enterprise Customers, and let's be honest, the Enterprise Customers pay the bills !

Regards, Bogdan Zagan

Ritesh
      Quote:
      Why not SQL Yog have this feature built in ?

SQLyog will support such big files in one of the future upgrades.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.