Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Better ctrl+tab behavior

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Better ctrl+tab behavior

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      chiliNUT
      Participant

In SQLyog, pressing ctrl+tab just jumps to the next connection to the right. This isn’t really ideal behavior; it it should take you back to your previously opened tab, rather than the next one in the list.

Examples of programs that handle this correctly: Mozilla Firefox, Netbeans, any IntelliJ IDE. Pressing ctrl+tab once switches back to the previous tab, and then pressing it several times in succession with cycle through all of your previous tabs (in reverse chronological order!). The “move to next tab” behavior of sqlYOG is not very useful IMHO, and counter intuitive.

Also, a similar feature for navigating between query editor tabs within a single connection would be excellent.

I am using v12.12 so forgive me if this has been updated in a later release.

Sibin A S

Hello,

Please find the keyboard shortcuts to switch the next, previous connections and even to a specific connection tab below.
      Ctrl+Tab Switch to Next Connection
      Ctrl+Shift+Tab Switch to Previous Connection
      Ctrl+1 to 8 Select Connection (1 to 8)
      Ctrl+9 Select Last Connection

We checked in Firefox and Notepad++ as well and found Ctrl+Tab does the same operation that SQLyog does.

To navigate between the query tabs inside a connection you may the shortcuts
      Ctrl+PgUp Switch To Previous Tab
      Ctrl+PgDown Switch To Next Tab

Regards,
      Sibin

chiliNUT
      Participant

I understand what the keyboard shortcuts do, they go to either “previous” or “next” connection, but it really just goes either “right” or “left” whereas I would expect it to go to the tab I previously came from, regardless of it was to the left or the right of the current tab.

In notepad++ the ctrl+tab behavior acts as I described; it goes backwards chronologically between previously used tabs, it doesn’t just move left and right. In Firefox, I forgot that I had to set a config setting to make it work, that is, from about:config, set browser.ctrlTab.preview=true. However, as previously stated, in Netbeans and Phpstorm it also does this by default.

The Ctrl+PgUp/pgDown is good to know.

Sibin A S

This option isn’t supported in SQLyog currently. As an alternate solution, you can use ‘Ctrl+PgUp’ to switch to the previous tab and ‘Ctrl+PgDown’ to switch to the next tab.

Regards,
      Sibin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.