Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Beta 5 Sudden Shutdown

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Beta 5 Sudden Shutdown

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      lazylester

It happens several times a day, but I don't have much more info than that. Beta 5 on winxp. sqlyog disappears very suddenly after clicking on something (didn't pay attention to what it was).

I'll try to be more attentive to how to reproduce this, but wanted to log it here. It wasn't clear whether other anomalies reported for beta 5 fit this same behaviour description.

Les

Ritesh

We have fixed many crashing bugs regarding DATA TAB in the last two betas and current RC1 which is under development.

Do you face the crashing bug other than data tab too?

lazylester
      Ritesh wrote on Apr 3 2006, 10:16 PM:
      Do you face the crashing bug other than data tab too?

Hi Ritesh

I'm sorry I'm not very informative on this. When you use the term “data tab” I assume you mean the tab labelled “Table Data” right?

I will try to pay attention to what I click to trigger the shutdown, but it always seem to take me by surprise!

Ritesh wrote on Apr 3 2006, 10:16 PM:
      We have fixed many crashing bugs regarding DATA TAB in the last two betas and current RC1 which is under development.

I'm using beta 5, and I'm not clear whether you mean that the “many crashing bugs” are in beta 5 or the fixes are in beta 5. So I wanted you to know that I have beta 5 and I've seen the crash.

Les

Ritesh

Yes by DATA TAB i meant TABLE DATA. We have been reported many crash reports while using DATA TAB. We are working on it.

vygi
      lazylester wrote on Apr 4 2006, 05:01 AM:
      It happens several times a day, but I don't have much more info than that. Beta 5 on winxp. sqlyog disappears very suddenly after clicking on something (didn't pay attention to what it was).

Same here!

Beta 5 has disappeared quickly and quietly two times today!

I have a virtual desktop management tool called Virtual Dimension and I often switch between my desktops. After some switch I go back and cannot find SQLyog! Simply gone without telling me anything – no crash reports, no messages, no “goodbye”… 🙁

ronjeremy_69
      Participant

I experience the same thing — but not only that, another issue with the “Table Data” tab is that it will completely freeze up if I want to browse more than several thousand records.

A nice solution ot this would be to implement a feature that I have been asking for a year now — an option “Show Table Data In Text”. I can browse hundreds of thousands of records in text mode very quickly. I almost NEVER use the “Table Data” tab to update records, so the grid is pretty much pointless. Copying text from multiple-columns in the grid is a royal pain. The only advantage I can see for the grid is to always be able to see the column names no matter how far down in the data you scroll. Perhaps you can somehow also have an option to make the column names “sticky” in text mode as well?

lazylester

Ritesh, as I noted elsewhere, but also here as it's “on topic”, I have seen the “sudden shutdown” problem when configuring the checkbox to disable autocomplete. The moment I clicked the checkbox, sqlyog vanishes without trace.

This is not repeatable!!

peterlaursen
      Participant

That is the crazy thing about this crash phenomenon that it is never reproducable .. 🙁

lazylester
      peterlaursen wrote on Apr 6 2006, 05:56 PM:
      That is the crazy thing about this crash phenomenon that it is never reproducable .. 🙁

The lack of repeatability is itself a clue about the nature of the problem!!

Ritesh
      lazylester wrote on Apr 6 2006, 09:45 PM:
      Ritesh, as I noted elsewhere, but also here as it's “on topic”, I have seen the “sudden shutdown” problem when configuring the checkbox to disable autocomplete. The moment I clicked the checkbox, sqlyog vanishes without trace.

This is not repeatable!!

This is reproducable and we have already fixed in BETA 6 (official news in another half an hour).

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.